What's new

Would you want to experience a rollback?

Would you like to experience a roll back?

• Yes, I'd love to!

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No thanks!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I HAVE experienced a roll back and LOVED it!

• I HAVE experienced a roll back and HATED it!

• Total voters

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Imagine it... you're sweating anxiously in your seat on an Intamin rocket coaster, looking up at the 400-odd (200-odd if you're British) foot top hat structure in front of you...

GO!

It zooms off, the speed is making your face wobble and you're gripping on tight...it's starts to climb...

As it reaches the top you realise it's not going fast enough to make it over the top...it rolls back!

Now, who actually wants to experience a roll back?

I know I do. Not only for another go at a launch but for the sheer adrenaline rush.

Perhaps you've been on a roll back. What was it like?

Scott88

Hyper Poster
I have never experienced one, but I'd love to for the same reasons you have put Ian. The adrenaline rush would be mental and so enjoyable, might happen on Stealth at some point :p

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Yep, definitely, its like a launch, followed by a drop tower! But a drop tower without the agonisingly slow climb!

Mark

Strata Poster
Totally. I guess I'd just like to because it's another thing to say I have done etc.

oriolat2

Giga Poster
I'd like to experience in a rollback cause you get another complete launch so... twice the fun!!

Some members of the Spanish club PKTK.com went to CP and experienced 3 Rollbacks in a row!! that is amazing... they even filmed that moment! Lucky them...

Hopefully Stealth will have some in the first days of operation, although I think there's enough speed to maket it over the top most of times. I mean... 80 mph for a 200 feet structure is not too much for a coaster...

Ben

CF Legend
I'd love one, simply as they're like, the Rocket Holy Grail.

I don't think it would be that much fun rolling back except the two launches. Other than that, you could just go ride Superman: The Escape or... that one in Australia.

Aaron

Hyper Poster
I'd absolutely adore a rollback, particularly on stealth, the thrill of climbing that high, and then falling backwards!

And who can forget the second launch, that's like buy one get one free - two launches for the queueline of one! :lol:

Snoo

The Legend
I was soooo close on TTD. We were sitting up there for atleast 5 seconds. I thought we were going to stall, but it started rolling forward, much to the displeasure of the whole train.

joe

Mega Poster
I would love to experience one, and then you get another launch! Wow it must be great, and it would be like Giant Drop with half a top hat!

FastAndFurious

Mega Poster
Yes, why not. Backward speeding is fun.

It's basically something like on Superman The Escape on a normal ride, isn't it? Maybe not the same but close.

It reminds me a something I have heard somewhere.

Q: Have you ever experienced a roll back?
A: Yes
Q: What ride?
A: Boomerang

:)

A

Anonymous

Yeah! Of course!
Not just would you get 2 launches, but the thrill of falling backwards like that, being whipped back down would be great.
Also, the queueing would be twice as worth it :p

Mat

Hyper Poster
I would love to because of the experience of it and because you get another go, and this time you are really up for it :lol:

Oh god, this is something that HAS to happen to me before I die, or else I will not rest in peace. :p I remember the first time in line for TTD, telling my dad I wanted a rollback, so he asked me what it was and then he said "OH NO, DON'T BE WISHING FOR THAT".

It would be an experience I would never forget, going up the tower, and then falling back down. In the meantime, as we were about to roll backwards, I would probably be pissing my pants, but loving it at the same time.

So yes, it's been a dream of mine to have a rollback, and I will be expecting one everytime I set foot into the TTD queue.

Almost

Hyper Poster
I have in fact, experienced a roll back. On the rare occurance on KK I was a lucky one. I will explain how:

I was at the park errmmm...late August and it was clear when we went on the queue for the ride and after about an hour it started to drizzle, and the ride closed for 10 min, no big deal, no serious talks of leaving. About 30 min later queing for the front row it starts POURING. After 15 min, the talks of leaving came up and I was very very pissed. I made them stay and we happen to be the first train of the first launch after the rain. The track was still wet and caused the train to be slower, ok well onto the roll back...

Normal launch, up the tower, getting the top and cresting the top(in the front) and seeming like we're going to make it over but it kept going slower and slower until, BACKWARDS! Amazing feeling freefalling backwards and a twist back to the right.

It took a good 5 min to get back to the launch position and the next ride made it over.

Rollbacks are fun, like Robbeal said like a drop tower but the sweetness of it, is two consecutive launches.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Sure, i'd love to experience a rollback, as it is indeed such a rare event to be apart of, as well as the thought of flying backwards down 400 ft.

Ooh yes, I'd love one, not only to get the second launch but also the chance to ride half of it backwards.

There's nowt to be afraid of, it will stop.

spicy

Giga Poster
I'd love to experience a rollback! Whats the chances of it happening on stealth? Seeing as im not going to be riding TTD or KK anytime soon. Does it happen on xcelerator much? I hope its a regular occurance on stealth then hopefully I might have a chance of gettting to ride one :D

kir

Hyper Poster
Yeah, I'd love to experience a rollback! It's basically the ultimate thrill you can get out of an Accelerator!