What's new

Would you ride this? (Dodgy looking rides)

A

Anonymous

^ Easy, what could happen...

That it slips of one of the pieces of wood??
Nothing would really happen, just a big clank and maybe some bruises. The train would still be on the rails and you would be as well (most likely :p )...

A

Anonymous

I definately wouldn't ride the first three but probably the last one. I don't really look at rides closely enough to notice stuff like that, so would ride it worry free :--D

A

Anonymous

I've already ridden one like the first one, so yes.

But there's no way you could get me to ride that looping waterslide. I heard they put a test dummy down it, and it came back without any arms.

That might just be a rumour, but I do know for a fact that someone got stuck at the base of the loop once... the horror.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Heck yeah to all three coasters, I've already ridden stuff that dodgy.

The looping flume? Hell no. There's a reason it was destroyed as quickly as it was.

A

Anonymous

I would go on any of those. They look fun, they might look dodgy but they defiantly would be fun.

A

Anonymous

of course

That looks so dangerous... yet so fun! I would definitely ride this. :--D

metalhead7

Mega Poster
I'd do the first one if someone dared me to, but the second one is just too sketchy, and the waterslide seems way too dangerous

A

Anonymous

Ingested Banjo said:
I'd do all 3. In fact, I really want to go on that flume one. Looks interesting. Remember that it would be linear g-force because you're lying down, not vertical.

And, riding a coaster might be painful, but

Mr Nash said:
No doubt I'd be crapping it though.

This sounds painfull-er.

Too bad. It's been gone for years. It was at Action Park in Vernon, NJ. There were so many injuries that they hardly ever opened the ride, and even the workers were afraid of it. They built an escape hatch at the top of the loop. Definitely a fail.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
I don't think I'd ride any of those. The first one just looks sketchy as hell and I'd be worrying for my life going up the lift. The second one is "human powered," whatever that means. Do I have to pedal the car up the hill? No thanks.

The slide is a death trap, and that carnie ride probably wouldn't even count as a credit anyway so there's no gain.

Waffleman

Mega Poster
madhjsp said:
That carnie ride probably wouldn't even count as a credit anyway so there's no gain.

There's no gain because you wouldn't get a credit? I forgot the only reason I go on rides is to make my coaster count go up.

Anyway, would any of you ride this?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mo_oigyFlTA[/youtube]
I know it's been on the forums before, but considering someone fell off and got a broken pelvis on it and someone else died, I'd be scared shirtless getting strapped in and I don't know if I could actually ride it. But yes to everything else, it'd be worth it just for the experience, I think.

herbinator

Mega Poster
I would have to see them all in action before a made a final desicion...but what the heck, I would ride!(mabye not the catapult) :lol: