What's new

Would you ride The Ultimate at night?

Would you ride The Ultimate at night? (And possibly pay for it)

• I wish I could ride The Ultimate!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - But I wouldn't pay any extra

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Yes - I would pay for it

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - But I would like that money going to a charity

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Currently The Ultimate doesn't run at night, but they are looking at putting on a special event where they will run it at night. You would have to pay extra for this, however the money would go to charity more than likely. Would you do it??

Snoo

The Legend
Yes. If it's anything like The Beast at night, it may be one of the best coaster experiences there is.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
It will never be anything like the Beast at night, but still probably well worth doing & even paying extra for.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
I did The Ultimate blindfolded a few season back during the ERT session CF had for it. That was brutal. Not being able to see anything or brace yourself was probably a bad idea.

But I'd happily do it again...! So yeah, sure! :)

BBH

Giga Poster
Haven't ridden it already as I am a student living in Illinois and have not gotten to the UK yet, but wouldn't the lateral G-forces just batter you, especially not knowing when to brace?

Of course.

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
Joey said:
They're idiots for not already having it open at night...

Yes!

There isn't sufficient lighting. What happens in the event of an evac?

Not to mention that they are unable to run it past 7pm due the adjacent farm anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Let's rephrase it as: Would ride a roller coaster?

Yes.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Mackem Lad said:
Joey said:
They're idiots for not already having it open at night...

Yes!

There isn't sufficient lighting. What happens in the event of an evac?

Not to mention that they are unable to run it past 7pm due the adjacent farm anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hm. Lighting does seem an issue, but that makes me question whether Beast has lightning.... If it does, it must only get turned on it the event of an evac, because it's pitch black out there.

This said, how many coasters really have sufficient lighting through the course?

And since when has Lightwater been king of rational decisions? :p

Not sure what the farm has to do with it? Is it really that noisy?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry, I have pins I need to stick in my eyes that night instead - shame :p

Martyn B

CF Legend
Well, to answer the question, I would ride it at night. But I'm not going to put any extra effort in to actually doing it.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Martyn B said:
Well, to answer the question, I would ride it at night. But I'm not going to put any extra effort in to actually doing it.
This. Well, sort of.

I love The Ultimate and it would be fab to ride it at night. If I lived closer to the park then, yeah, I'd go for special nighttime openings but a 500mile, £100 fuel return trip rules it out.

I wouldn't be willing to pay extra for riding it at night either. Just bump up the ticket prices by £1.50 and use that money to invest in evacuation flood lights etc....and possibly a new cred ;)

Nic

Strata Poster
What Ian said. I adore T'Ultimate, and it'd be amazing to ride it at night, but The North is such a stupid place.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Lightwater Valley need to invest in a bus which runs to the park exclusively from Ripon.

The existing bus doesn't run on Sundays. Or bank holidays. Really useful for a theme park. And the cost of a cab is £10 EACH WAY. In fact, I bet it's more now.

Maybe if they sorted their lives out they'd be able to afford to provided a basic experience other parks offer, and in turn make more money.

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
All I was trying to get from this topic is to see if people would pay for night riding on the ultimate. Just see how many are interested in doing it. Not to bitch and moan about how **** it is to get to the park by public transport! Nathan (Mackem Lad) explained why it doesn't run at night. Damn farmer! Can someone come and lock this, its probably not going to go any further if people bitch and moan about little things like transport.

posting from somewhere in the world...