What's new

Would u buy the old DeJa Vu rollercoaster if u had the money

Would you buy Deja vu if you had the money?

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO! To many mechincal problems

• Yes! if i had a mechanic to fix it everytime it broken down( which happened quite often)

• MY Favorite: No my wife wouldn't let me

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

Sorry the subject line was to short. Had to shorten some words. Never mind that if you had the money would you buy the old Deja vu rollercoaster (this is the one at six flags parks that had alot of mechanical problems.)

Well if you do have the money to buy it heres the site so you can. BUT you do have to invite me over to ride it. :lol:
http://www.italintl.com/detail_page.php?record_id=1036

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Of course not.

It's a money pit for mechanical problems and would cost more to maintain then it's worth. It was also a pretty lousy ride. I mean, it's not the worst, but it's kind of close. I'd spend my money on some of the Schwarzkopf's that are on that site... much better value in the long run.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Would you really buy a coaster for yourself? No. I'd spend the money on an around-the-world trip riding coasters and doing other things. It would be far more fun. Apart from the evident costs of running a coaster like DeJa Vu, you would get bored of it.

This topic is kinda stupid.

Emmett

Giga Poster
^You could probably travel around the world for years riding coasters with the same money it would cost. Or even buy a small park for the same price.

Tony

Hyper Poster
If I owned a small park and had the money I'd buy it :p . They are great rides, well I've been on Stuntfall and that is known to be the smoothest of the GIB's so I don't know how rough the others really are.

But I wouldn't buy it for myself if I had the money, I'd rather set up a small park if I had millions or travel the world.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
Hixee said:
Would you really buy a coaster for yourself? No. I'd spend the money on an around-the-world trip riding coasters and doing other things. It would be far more fun. Apart from the evident costs of running a coaster like DeJa Vu, you would get bored of it.

Same here

Stone Cold

Mega Poster
No chance. They say that Stunt Fall is the smoothest and moast reliable one out there. When I went to Parque Warner, they couldn't get it working until the afternoon, and when I did finally ride, it was a pile of junk, I'd hate to ride the others if that is the smoothest one out there.

Johnny

Hyper Poster
As much as I liked SFMM's Déjà Vu, which wasn't rough at all, I probably wouldn't want to buy SFOG's (which is the only one left up for sale).

I hear it was the least reliable of the four, and I've seen very few trip reports where the ride was actually open.

Like people have already said, the money that would go towards it could be put to much better use like travelling the world and riding a ton of coasters.

Lol, obviously it would be awesome to have a coaster for myself, but then again, I don't want a coaster that would constantly be breaking down. That would only mean I'd have to dish out the cost of the coaster as well as the seemingly high maintenance costs.

I do agree that this is a stupid topic, and I agree with the person who said they would rather spend their money on going on a trip around the world riding other coasters.

David

Mega Poster
Nah.

It's been said before the track alone would cost a fair bit and maintaining it would cost a fortune (espicially if it was Deja Vu!)

If I has that kind of money I would probably just do loads of trips or something like that.

Snoo

The Legend
Hixee said:

Depends. If I could throw that bad boy up in my backyard and make a profit from people riding it.. then hell ya. Isn't that all of our dreams?? :)

But, as for a Deja Vu.. no.. those rides are just a hyped up boomerang which is average at BEST.

Johnny

Hyper Poster
those rides are just a hyped up boomerang which is average at BEST.
Ride one :).

I wouldn't buy it, but seriously, they are great rides (well SFMM's is at least), no matter how garbage their reliability is! The drops are just amazing, and going backwards through the huge inversions is fun too!

But I'm just curious as to how SFGAm's will get along at Silverwood.

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
No I wouldn't buy one cause like some people here have mentioned, it is full of mechanical problems and are hardly ever open so what is the point?

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Maybe I would buy it if I could sell it again ASAP for a much higher price... preferably to a park near me.

Snoo

The Legend
Johnny said:

I've ridden a boomerang you tard.. :p

I was simply stating how the GIB's were just normal boomerangs on steroids.. and how normal boomerangs are average at best.

I've been on Invertigo's.. which are close enough.. and that was hardly worth it. Adding a steeper drop won't do much to change the experience tbh.

Pierre

Strata Poster
GIB's are awesome, that hanging feeling as you're slowly reversed up.... and the anticipation when you're hanging looking at the sky... unreal.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
Invertgos are far better then the GIB pile of awful.

I would go for an Invertego much faster then a GIB if I were to buy one.

Johnny

Hyper Poster
SnooSnoo said:
Johnny said:

I've ridden a boomerang you tard.. :p

I was simply stating how the GIB's were just normal boomerangs on steroids.. and how normal boomerangs are average at best.
Oh I understand what you posted now. I thought you were assuming that GIBs were "average at best", but I now see that you meant normal boomerangs.

I've been on Invertigo's.. which are close enough.. and that was hardly worth it. Adding a steeper drop won't do much to change the experience tbh.
Well if dive machines can pull off better drops than most non-vertical dropping coasters, then surely there would be a difference? That's just how it looks to me.