What's new

World's longest woodie coming to Ocean Kingdom, China 2013?

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
After a little bit of browsing on rcdb, I came across this...

Roller Coaster:
unknown
Amusement Park: Ocean Kingdom (Zhuhai, Guangdong, China)
Classification: Roller Coaster
Type: Wood - Sit Down
Inversions: 0
Notes: According to this news story this will be the longest wooden roller coaster in the world. A photo of the park model showing the roller coaster can be seen on this link.

So perhaps we have the world's longest woodie coming to China in 2013! :--D Or do we? Here's the picture...

rhFLk.jpg

Now that's big...

Probably nobody will be familiar with this park, as it's new for 2012/13. All we know so far (In terms of credits) is that it'll have two other water coasters.

Information about the new park can be found here:
http://www.macaudailytimes.com.mo/macau ... -2013.html

Even though I'll probably never get to ride it, I'm quite excited for this...but what I'd be interested to know about is whether it'll longer than Son of a Beast or not!

Please comment and reply! :--D

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Re: World's longest woodie coming to Ocean Kingdom, China 20

Pretty cool. Like you though, I'll never get to ride it if it does get built.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

Where do you see Son of Beast in this? The Rose Bowl? The turn before the first drop?

Saying that, this looks kinda great. Unless Beijing Shiabolai or Golden Horse have started knocking off woodies, this would most likely be a Gravity Group project. Which means that it could be a hybrid along the lines of Voyage.

Anyway, regardless of their location, nice to see big coaster projects popping up. Or even if they don't get realized, it's nice to swoon over the plans. Sometimes imagination is better than the real thing.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster

I see son of a Beast in this simpily because it's pretty big I suppose...it also has some some very high banked turns. Anyway, I edited that from my original post... :--D

Josh73

Giga Poster

I seem to rememberhearing that the people who built (can't remember the name) the New Texas Giant were doing work in Asia, so mabye?

Jake

Strata Poster

Spite. This is only a short ferry crossing from Hong Kong really. Another excuse to go back <3.

Even though I'll probably never get to ride it,

Pretty cool. Like you though, I'll never get to ride it if it does get built.

Well, if you have that attitude then you never will...

STC

Mega Poster

The article mentions "the longest wooden roller coaster" rather than the longest wooden coaster in the world. It's probably correct, but there's a chance it could have been longest wooden rollercoaster in China or Asia and it got lost in translation. :)

Intricks

Strata Poster

Uh...not to be a downer for this topic, but I SWEAR this picture has shown up here before and that it was for the worlds tallest wooden coaster...

Switching between the hideouts'...

Ben

CF Legend

^Yeah, it's the same coaster though I believe.

This has had a topic before. **** looking for it though.