What's new

World Fairytale Land | Hainan China | Theme Park

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I will probably never quite understand the fascination with themeing areas of your amusement parks after cultures you are actively genociding
How else can those cultures be preserved and remembered? By respecting them and allowing them to continue existing? Preposterous. No, reducing them to a tacky theme park land seems to be the only option.

... well, then again, Frontierland is a thing, so perhaps it's not entirely without precedent ...

Niles

Giga Poster
Some more pictures:
IUcF3P.png

IUcwL9.png

IUcUNm.png

IUcxa2.png

IUcaX5.png

IUcGlC.png

Source: https://www.themeparx.com/ocean-flower-island/

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Every S&S Free Spin that exists has been this model:
6-ele-model-jpg.4292

until whatever the hell they're building here. Can only assume it's the disabled step child of the normal model.
There's been a lot of rumble over the free spin layout at this park... "Why the hell is it so jank? What's with the layout? These drawn-out hills look super lame!". The answer came out not too long ago, in the Amusement Today April 2021 issue. In an interview with S&S Sansei Technologies, executive sales director Josh Hays stated that "[the coaster] is designed to meet Chinese code, which doesn't allow for as big a G Force as ASTM". The park wanted a freespin badly enough I guess, alongside a combo tower that was also purchased from the company, and S&S "[was prompted] to approach the situation with a modified layout. It is a little less extreme, making it unique".

So there we have it, folks, this is not a standard model... the lame layout is the result of modifications to comply with Chinese law.

Source (page 16); http://amusementtoday.com/issues/2021/202104/

Last edited:

Eyebrows

Hyper Poster
There's been a lot of rumble over the free spin layout at this park... "Why the hell is it so jank? What's with the layout? These drawn-out hills look super lame!". The answer came out not too long ago, in the Amusement Today April 2021 issue. In an interview with S&S Sansei Technologies, executive sales director Josh Hays stated that "[the coaster] is designed to meet Chinese code, which doesn't allow for as big a G Force as ASTM". The park wanted a freespin badly enough I guess, alongside a combo tower that was also purchased from the company, and S&S "[was prompted] to approach the situation with a modified layout. It is a little less extreme, making it unique".

So there we have it, folks, this is not a standard model... the lame layout is the result of modifications to comply with Chinese law.

Source (page 16); http://amusementtoday.com/issues/2021/202104/
I already posted about that on the last page, and reached the same conclusion...
This excerpt from this week’s ACE newsletter explains the strange layout of the new Free Spin:
And I got half the likes :(

Niles

Giga Poster
This park seems to not stop with its ambition, more pictures of the park and some concept art.

Some concept art of the river rapids:
IMG-3425.png

neirongkaobei-63f2a-copy.jpg
neirongkaobei-63f2a.jpg

1625042582676.png

Concept art for the 96 seat simulator ride:
neirongkaobei-49d3b.jpg

4079e360ff8e4ba688c763a736268ae6.jpeg

A dragon head has been installed on one of the mountains ( possibly fire breathing )
Screen-Shot-2021-06-12-at-1-07-24-AM.png
Screen-Shot-2021-06-12-at-1-07-42-AM.png

Some pictures of park construction, it looks like they have started to paint some of the building more vibrant (kind of prefer the original):

1625043493360.png
Screen-Shot-2021-06-13-at-2-20-48-AM.png

Screen-Shot-2021-06-08-at-5-10-59-AM.png

1625043195373.png
Screen-Shot-2021-06-08-at-5-07-03-AM.png

006g-URRpgy1grm60towcbj32c0340b2i.jpg

Screen-Shot-2021-05-31-at-5-02-56-PM.png
1625043895926.png

Source: https://www.themeparx.com/ocean-flower-island-fairyland/

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
I thought, based on the fact I hadn't checked since 2018, that the park would be open by now.

Well, at least I got the water park (maybe) right!

God damn tho. That's a beauty.