What's new

World Fairytale Land | Hainan China | Theme Park

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
This parks been known about for ages and has already been discussed a bit in the Hainan Ocean Park thread but as vertical construction just kicked off I thought it deserved its own thread.

World Fairytale Land is part of the giant (and i mean giant) Ocean Flower Island project on the Island of Hainan in China.
The whole project is a giant Dubai Palms style development in the shape of a lotus flower.
Haihua Island4.jpg
Construction on the project over all is well underway as these (now fairly old) pics show.
Haihua Island1.png
Haihua Island2.png
Haihua Island3.png

The park itself looks pretty extensive in the concept art
Ocean.png
And we have some close up if some what fanciful artwork as well.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg

The highlight of the park will undoubtedly be the Vekoma Firestorm
Fire3.jpg

This ride is one of two known installations of the Firestorm model. the second one is going to Vietnam at Vinpearl Thu Thiem which has a thread here.
However this is the first one we have actual construction pictures of as they put up their first supports this week.
Fire2.jpg
Fire1.jpg
The ride has some pretty intense if inaccurate concept art.
Fire4.jpg

Currently the only other confirmed coaster for the park is China's first S&S Free Spin coaster like Arashi and the recent Joker rides at Six Flags.

I expect there to actually be fairly decent coverage of this park as the whole project seems to be getting quite a bit of attention but the park is currently due to open in 2020 so it will be quite some time until it sees its first guests.

Last edited:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Wow, the scale of this project still staggers me. Looks incredible.

As with most of these projects, I'm interested to see how it looks in completion compared to the concept art. Will be an interesting few years watching it go up.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
That looks :emoji_zipper_mouth:ing great, and it's already going up?! Isn't this meant to open in like 2019? But the colours are atrocious.
Why is Orange Track and Grey supports Atrocious. Looks really nice in my opinion.
I'm assuming you are talking about the green. In which case you should really read the bit you quoted :p

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Certainly a project I'm very excited for, and one I'll follow very closely. Isn't this planned for 2020? Feel like the track is going to stand idle for months/years if it is the case.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Holy hell, that top hat! Incredible!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The shaping of that top hat is just absurd. It's going to be insane to ride in the back row!

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
The top hat's shaping looks weird but really fun at the same time. I love it <3 And look at how low that first inversion is compared to the Top Hat!! :O