What's new

Winter Wonderland 2015

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Just to clarify the creds for you dirty whores;

Alpine Thriller - Joseph Manning/William Thurston (UK)
Ice Mountain/Cyclone Roller Coaster/Magic Mouse - James Mellors (UK)
Racing Track/Racing Coaster - Joseph Manning (UK)
Wilde Maus XXL - Eberhard (Germany)
Big Apple/Santa's Flying Sleigh - Buwalda Family (Netherlands)
Euro Coaster/Christmas Coaster - Buwalda Family (Netherlands)
Santa's Spinning Coaster/Spinning Coaster - Buwalda Family (Netherlands) - Note* Not confirmed but it was there last year and is probably just renamed.
Clown Childrens Coaster - Unnamed as yet

TilenB

Strata Poster
Do you think they might make the Buwalda spinner an XXL version? It is a much better ride than the plain old version.

Martyn B

CF Legend
The Buwulda spinner is actually one of the compact models!

And as if Ice Mountain is a different cred.... I dunno if that's worth the £6, plus half hour queue....

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
So which flats/creds are actually worth going on at Winter Wonderland? I wasn't going to go this year, as I have heard waaaay too much about how expensive it is, but the hangover gyro drop tower is way to tempting.

TommyAlex

Mega Poster
silenthillXD said:
So which flats/creds are actually worth going on at Winter Wonderland? I wasn't going to go this year, as I have heard waaaay too much about how expensive it is, but the hangover gyro drop tower is way to tempting.

I only did one ride last year, and that was Wilde Maus XXL, that was pretty good. Most of the other coasters are probably not worth it.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Wilde Maus is a great little ride with a novelty queue line.

Alpen Hotel is the best thing there.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Alpine Thriller is worth a go too, it's pretty neat for a Pinfari.

The flat ride line up looks to be the best in the freakin world this year!

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Can anyone remember what the prices are like? I vaguely remember the star flyer being like £6 a couple of years ago? Are all the big rides £6? Need to prioritise with those prices!

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Casio

Mega Poster
silenthillXD said:

None of the coasters would be worth it in a regular park, but Wilde Maus XXL is pretty impressive for a travelling coaster. The Pinfari is nothing to write home about, and the rest are terrible. The flats however are awesome, probably the best line-up in the country aside from Thorpe. Air (Zierer Starshape) is one of my all time favourite flats, Blizzard (Mondial Turbine) is like a booster on steroids and the old Power Tower drop ride was pretty good; I imagine the Hangover will be insane (100m surely makes it the highest travelling drop tower in the world?).

SilverArrow said:
Can anyone remember what the prices are like? I vaguely remember the star flyer being like £6 a couple of years ago? Are all the big rides £6? Need to prioritise with those prices!

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk
I didn't go last year, but I think the highest price I paid in 2013 was £8 for the Starshape. It's obviously a rip-off, but if you don't bother with the coasters, aside maybe from Wilde Maus, it's around the same as a UK park, with a pretty nice atmosphere in the evenings.

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
Just to clear a few things up regarding the spinning coasters...

The coaster inside Ice Mountain is owned by James Mellors, the same as last year. The year before (2013) the coaster inside was different - it was Darren Matthew's ride on hire to Mellors.. So regarding two separate creds then I guess if you rode it in 2013 and 2014 you already have the two. The one at Dreamland is Darren Matthew's.

The outdoor spinning coaster owned by Buwalda is different to previous years - he owns multiple spinning coasters and this year has brought the large model where in the past he's bought the compact one.. So again that's another cred for you potentially.

Wilde Maus XXL and Ice Mountain are both worth a ride I'd say. Personally I thought Alpine Thriller was awful but it is well presented and has a cable lift.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Danzibarr said:
The outdoor spinning coaster owned by Buwalda is different to previous years - he owns multiple spinning coasters and this year has brought the large model where in the past he's bought the compact one.. So again that's another cred for you potentially.

They've actually brought this model to WW before, 2012 I think.

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
Went to Winter Wonderland on Thursday night for the preview event - it's certainly a lot different to any previous years. The layout has changed a LOT, the site is a lot bigger and there are a LOT more rides. It almost feels like you're walking into a theme park that you don't know anything about - for which I love it. The walkways are all massive this year with no bottleknecks so that should help with the crowd issues - but also means that it needs a lot of people there at all times to create an atmosphere.

Anywho, here's a video!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NBDr3_WUzA[/youtube]

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
I went today too - really enjoyed it, Hangover is a massive improvement over power tower, airwolf was great, new funhouses, daemonium was good, but I do prefer the suspended ghost train, and wild maus xxl was more fun than i remembered

oh and...
Can anyone remember what the prices are like? I vaguely remember the star flyer being like £6 a couple of years ago? Are all the big rides £6?

Think £££s and and some more ££s

They're £3 to £8 - most of the flats 5 or 6, hangover 8, in short - lots!

DelPiero

Strata Poster
I went yesterday with the family. It's definitely a lot easier to navigate due to the pathways being a lot larger and the market stalls being spread over a larger area.

Airwolf and Bayern Breaker are ridiculously good and well worth the £5 charge. Airwolf should just be renamed Airtime, amazing.