Windseeker for Carowinds?

pitchnoir

Mega Poster
thumb_carowindswindseeker.jpg

http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1079569#p1079569

thoughts? chat amongst yourselves :wink:

Titan

Mega Poster
I'm excited they're getting one. Carowinds is the only cedar fair park I get to go to. They really are being lazy by adding the same rides in every park, but its not a common ride, so who cares.

D1993

Hyper Poster
Im actually liking the idea of a windseeker ride at carowinds. However im really getting over these sort of cookie cutter decisions Cedar Fair seem to be making more increasingly lately. I think the ride will be good at Carowinds, but really the 5th same ride in two years? hmm. One of the worst thing a park can do (IMO) is make parks like each other and have similar attractions. They should all be different and have unique attractions and while I think lots of them do do that to an extent the addition of 5 windseekers in 2 years obviously doesnt agree with that idea.
All that being said though, Ive got nothing against the windseeker ride I think it will be great at Carowinds.

bizarrofan10

Hyper Poster
Before you know it, WindSeeker will be a trademark to every Cedar Fair park. However, I really enjoyed it at Cedar Point. Not so much for the ride, but for the amazing view.

gtpsuper24

Roller Poster
I really think this is a great filler type attraction. Theres only so many different flats a park can go with. CF is really far from being a "cookie cutter" chain. CF hasn't put any cookie cutter coasters in at their parks. Renegade, Prowler, Xcelerator, Pony Express, Sierra Sidewinder, Diamondback, Leviathan, I-305, Talon, Patriot, Maverick. CF is doing the smart thing installing a variety of attractions at each park, Windseeker is cheap (6.5mil) attraction that will get the GP interested in coming back. And in a few years if it doesn't live up to expectations its not a big deal, its not like they screwed up a 30million dollar coaster. Majority of the general public isn't going to know or care that a windseeker is at Canada's Wonderland or Cedar Point or Knotts. When CF decides to start adding the same Vekoma SLCs or something at each park then we need to worry, most diehard fans should have seen this coming I mean last year CP, CW, Knotts, and KI all got a Windseeker so a safe bet would be that Dorney, Valley Fair, WoF, and KD will be next.