What's new

Wild Asia Construction

Ollie

CF Legend
Oh I didn't think it was going to be the south entrance that was being redone. I thought it was the North one they were redoing. It looks nice though, although it looks a bit empty and simple at the moment but that might change if they put some plants in.

peep

CF Legend
^That is the North entrance :roll:

I think the South entrance is also getting a make-over. I could be mistaken though.

Ollie

CF Legend
I meant whichever entrance is nearer the hotel. The one at the grass car park end needs a make-over. Or am I getting my north and south ends of the park mixed up?

peep

CF Legend
The North entrance is the one with the concrete car park and the hotel.

The South entrance is the one with the 3 fields for a car park.

Sorry peoples for spamming this topic a bit.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^Don't worry John, it's probably one of the most asked questions by guests as to which end is which :lol:

It's always looked that empty from the second photo's angle for a long long time... Hopefully they will put some trees down...

Don't even know what South car park looks like tbh, having only been in it once a much longer time ago... The entrance itself... Needs to be bigger though and have more facilities (i.e. toilets OUTSIDE the park), if only to help those doing containment at that entrance...

Martyn B

CF Legend
You're not alone Ollie, I thought it was the main entrance too!

Looks nice, though I feel the sign could have been done a bit better, instead of just having transfers stuck on it.

badger

Roller Poster
Chessie

It is looking good i took the 2 photos by the way :) i have more but i,m crap at posting them on here, Peeps might help put more up :) i did try to get piccys of new ride but was bamboo fenced out. might go on Sunday to try again .Oh ANYONE ON FACEBOOK CAN SEE THE OTHER PICS HELP IF YOU CAN POST THEM ON THIS TOPIC thanks Badger aka Death :)

peep

CF Legend
Chessington have posted a new pic of the theming....

25451_346848534034_21321734034_3478761_4320450_n.jpg

Wow, looking good. Look at all those plants in the background too, yay.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Looks awesome...

But then again, just found out who the people are working on this...

http://www.rtcprojects.com/

They worked on IOA, Poseidon's Fury to be precise... As well as doing Legoland Windsor's castle...

If I had known this earlier, full confidence would have been around for ages, but now, it just cements to be me that this will be awesome...

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm going down to see it all on Friday 26th. I hope it's more than a muddy site this time!

And the Noodle Bar better be open!

peep

CF Legend
Yay, new map times!

Seeing the safari confirmed for June is very exciting.

If the foliage in Wild Asia is anything near to what it looks like on the map it will be amazing. Oh excited times. :D

^I hope it's open too, I suppose they will try their hardest to open it all to give the press the full experience of the new area.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Chessy really is coming along nicely. Just a shame that Kobra is a bloody Disk'O!

Oh and they need to sort out the Sea Life Gazebo. See Alton please Chessy.

Jared

Hyper Poster
I must admit, I really like the look of that Map, it's a really nice Style and I can't wait to see what else they come up with. The Safari Trail sounds awesome, can't wait to see how it looks.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Martyn B said:
Oh and they need to sort out the Sea Life Gazebo. See Alton please Chessy.

The reason Chessie's Sea-Life is a tent is because when it was first put in it was only seen as a temporary addition (if I recall 3 years was bandied about as the length)...

But obviously since it's very popular I do agree they should be looking at making look more permanent, as well as improving the area behind it (which you can see from Skyway)...

Martyn B

CF Legend
Do they still have that 'new' area of the zoo that they added a few years ago, I forget the name, but a part of it was that underground tunnel to view the Meerkats?

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
'Creature Features' should still be there... The new safari section seems to be an extension of that area which goes off behind the hotel...