What's new

Fantasiana | Wiener Looping 2.0 (relocated) | Mack Stryker Coaster | 2025

Tasman83

Roller Poster
They actually say, that they demolished the house without a permit and they stopped the demolition until further notice.

The building was rented by a nightclub until the official demolition later this year.

SimonProD

Mega Poster
Visited Prater two weeks ago to grab my annual Olympia Looping rides. No visible progess from the pics posted above. I assume this will not be ready this year.

The_bullgod

Mega Poster
Visited Prater two weeks ago to grab my annual Olympia Looping rides. No visible progess from the pics posted above. I assume this will not be ready this year.
That's right. Because a couple of weeks ago there were some troubles with the demo of the building. The ex-owner/user of that building had a permit which was still valid when the new owner of that property already started with the demo of it. And that seems to be illegal.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Might be jumping the gun by posting in this thread but mods can always split this off if they need to.

There's been a flurry of word out of the VDFU Meeting in Efteling that Fantasiana will soon part ways with their famous Pax Wild Train and replace it with a Mack BigDipper in 2025, to contain at least two inversions. Rumor has it that this is the Vienna Looping from Prater, which cannot be set up for the foreseeable future due to the legal dilemma around it. It's worth noting that the coaster is already mostly manufactured and on site at Prater, so Fantasiana perhaps acquired the project for a very good deal. In any case, an announcement will be made at IAAPA in Vienna within a matter of days/hours, so we'll find out for sure then.

The coaster would seem to fit the Wild Train site, too, although the park layout would drastically change as a result.
big_dipper.jpg
Source; https://coasterfriends.de/freizeitp...s-fantasiana-Österreich.1226783/#post-1255995

TilenB

Strata Poster
Good for Fantasiana on getting such a major ride for a small park, but I can't help but feeling disappointed if this is indeed the end for Wild Train. Understandable, considering that parts are likely very hard to come by in light of the war in Ukraine, but Wild Train is such a little icon that it will be missed no matter what.

Hopefully we can get the word on whether the ride will survive through 2024 before it starts getting taken down, as the park is close enough to me for a day/weekend trip, though I would prefer to do it as a part of something longer through Bavaria and Austria.

Sucks for Prater too, I was looking forward to them finally getting something properly worthwhile, though in light of recent news, I'm not surprised the project is getting canned.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
The pieces are falling into place. Prater’s Stefan Sittler-Koidl has confirmed that the project is NO LONGER with them and has indeed been scooped up by another park (translated from the EAP Magazin’s issue 5/2023). Seems like they’re down for reviving it sometime down the road;
I offered the ride for sale at the beginning of July. Interestingly, I also immediately had an interested party! This means that the Wiener Looping coaster, which was previously planned for the Prater, may soon be set up in another park... [smiles] This would also mean that the schedule would be open for me again - theoretically even for a possible layout change...

RCDB has meanwhile very stealthily updated the page, which is all the confirmation I need; https://rcdb.com/19395.htm

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Topic title changed. Will move to Construction when it starts on site.

Do we think 2024 is really likely at this point?