What's new

Wiener Prater New Cred

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
So RCDB have confirmed a new cred for 2017 at Wiener Prater in Vienna, although no details have been released yet could we be looking at something decent?

https://rcdb.com/14463.htm

Just thinking they had Olympia Looping for a bit and would have likely seen an increase of visitors over this period, there is obviously a large area now unoccupied where Lopping previously stood, could the owners have dipped into the coaster market on the back of the success of homing Olympia for a bit?

Edit just found this...
is why we are planning again at least two new attractions A roller coaster for the whole family and a driving device For adrenaline junkies

http://m.heute.at/news/oesterreich/...staetigt-seinen-Praesidenten;art85952,1372496

Could we be seeing another Maurer Sohne Spike??

S

SimonSays99

^SLC- piece of cake!
Behold: The get an Interpark WildWind *puke*

Will

Strata Poster
I've just looked up WildWind. They look intriguingly ridiculous, if too short.
Certainly wouldn't be the worst thing in the strictly 'quantity, not quality' Prater line up.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I rode the one at Octoberfest last year. It gave me actual whiplash. Gross. Also didn't improve matters that it was completely tipping it down at the time.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I don't know how it happened, but the Wild Wind I tried was fine. Front seat maybe had something to do with it. It was crap, obviously, but no life-changing injuries.

Jake

Strata Poster
The one at Oktoberfest was fab, most I've laughed on a coaster for ages.

So bad they're good.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Wouldn't surprise me if this was the one from Oktoberfest. It lived at Freizeit-Land Geiselwind near Nuremberg for most of 2015 before being removed at the end of summer for Oktoberfest.

It's awful but great all at once.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Wouldn't surprise me if this was the one from Oktoberfest. It lived at Freizeit-Land Geiselwind near Nuremberg for most of 2015 before being removed at the end of summer for Oktoberfest.

It's awful but great all at once.
Yeah, that might be pretty possible, since I remember them selling it a while ago. I hope it isn't, though, since I already have the cred and I don't have any intention to ever re-ride...

Will

Strata Poster
If that turns out to be true, I will be a very, very happy goon.
LOVE Hollenblitz.

Also, parkerlebnis.de are reporting similar :)
... and rcdb.

Last edited: