What's new

Wicksteed Park in Administration

Peet

Giga Poster
When it says administration, does it the park will permanently close?
It all depends if a buyer and/or operator can be found. The administrators can decide to sell the park or keep running it as a going concern, or they could decide that more money will be recuperated by selling off all the rides and other assets.

According to this article the park lost £820,000 in 2018/19 which is concerning as it suggests it's not viable as a going concern even in a good year:

The water chute can't be demolished but it can be left to rot.

Markus.Downhill

Mega Poster
It all depends if a buyer and/or operator can be found. The administrators can decide to sell the park or keep running it as a going concern, or they could decide that more money will be recuperated by selling off all the rides and other assets.

According to this article the park lost £820,000 in 2018/19 which is concerning as it suggests it's not viable as a going concern even in a good year:

The water chute can't be demolished but it can be left to rot.
Would be a shame as it’s my home park, but I used to visit there a lot as a kid and I never really now.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Sad to hear about Wicksteed, really regretting not visiting last year when I had the chance. Was passing Kettering on route to Clacton Pier, before getting the night ferry from Harwich that evening so prioritised Clacton over Wicksteed. Turned out had had plenty and the weather changed once past Kettering, causing most of Clacton to be rained off whereas Wicksteed would have been dry with most stuff open....

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Have split/merged the threads. Reasonably major news, so happy for this to have it's own thread.

Chronological post order makes the conversation flow a bit oddly, but I'm sure you can work it out. ;)

Smithy

Strata Poster
Not sure how comfortable I am therefore with them cashing in on peoples good nature - over 70k donated already but not exactly clear where that money is going.