What's new

Cedar Point | The Boardwalk | Wild Mouse and Ride Relocation | 2023

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Just like Goliath.
and Witch's Wheel and Mr. Hyde's Nasty Fall and Thunder Road and Double Loop and The Villain and Son of Beast and King Cobra and Stinger and Ghostrider PTC trains and.. ;)

RcTmix

Mega Poster
I don't think that's a cut though. Looks like it's just a small section of rail that is designed to be removable so the train can be taken off the track for offseason maintenance. I remember seeing a photo of Wicked Twister from Winter Chillout with no train and a small section of the rails missing. I doubt the maintenance crew would want to cut the train off the track every winter, then weld the rails back together in the spring.

The shot from the video however does appear to show that a short piece of rail has been cut off.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Going to the scrap yard confirmed... :(

For those too lazy to click the link :p

Oh, and right next door, there’s this.

2021110301.jpg

It's still there. Let me bring you up to speed.

The train is already off and crews are disconnecting everything. Power, controls, linear induction motors, sensors, etc. In a few weeks, full demo will begin.

For clarity, Wicked Twister is not being reincarnated as a new ride at any of our sister parks; it’s not coming back to life as a climbing structure (although, wouldn’t that be amazing to climb the spike like we used to do as kids when playgrounds had big climbing structures??); it’s not being inserted into Maverick’s layout to bring back the heartline roll.

It’s being disposed of. Not coming back, anywhere.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Yeah, that does seem strange... like if it's not going somewhere, why the rush to shut it.
Oh well, 'got da cred'

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
"Something something something staffing constraints something something something reducing overhead something something something excuses"

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
I said this on Reddit, but this feels like another CF misfire of sending something to the scrapyard early. I think it would have been great for the ride to go to CGA, or hell, even just sell it to a smaller park, let them deal with it.

Feels wrong.

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
Yeah, that does seem strange... like if it's not going somewhere, why the rush to shut it.
Oh well, 'got da cred'
Same can be said for a lot of US coasters, KBF's Boomerang and KI's Vortex shut in the middle of August if I remember correctly. Boomerang I understand because it was replaced instantly, but Vortex is an interesting one because it wasn't.

Always seemed interesting why some coasters close a couple months before season end. If it's getting replaced the next year it's understandable, but if the land sits unused post demolition...

cookie

Giga Poster
Same can be said for a lot of US coasters, KBF's Boomerang and KI's Vortex shut in the middle of August if I remember correctly. Boomerang I understand because it was replaced instantly, but Vortex is an interesting one because it wasn't.

Always seemed interesting why some coasters close a couple months before season end. If it's getting replaced the next year it's understandable, but if the land sits unused post demolition...
Vortex didn’t close until October 27th.