What's new

Why isn't that movie/tv show a ride?

Edward M

Strata Poster
James Bond, Hunger Games, Walking Dead, Alien, Shining, Lord of The Rings, Inception and The Dark Kni... Wait, oh yeah. :(

In a perfect world, A Tarintino Ride. :shock:

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Auraofshadows said:
Maybe Back to the Future? Could make a good launch coaster, as it could go at 88mph.

That... is an awesome idea. :) It's too bad that Universal, which I suppose is the only company that could theoretically do this since they own the rights to that movie, already had a BTTF sim ride, so that ship has sailed.

How about a poorly maintained SLC themed to Rocky? Seems like you'd already have nailed the aspect of feeling like you've gone 10 rounds with Apollo Creed when you step off the ride. :p

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Venom2053 said:
Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy

Douglas Adams created a ride for Chessington. It was replaced by Tomb Blaster.

Do a search for "The 5th Dimension" at Chessington - okay it's not Hitch Hikers, but it's close :)

I reckon The Italian Job would make a great ride. Little cars looking like Minis going around a city scape, hopping over buildings, being chased by helicopters, etc, etc, etc. That would be really cool ;)

nadroJ

CF Legend
furie said:
I reckon The Italian Job would make a great ride. Little cars looking like Minis going around a city scape, hopping over buildings, being chased by helicopters, etc, etc, etc. That would be really cool ;)

fry-can-t-tell-meme-generator-can-t-tell-if-sarcasm-or-serious-1a9500.jpg

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I adore the idea of a HGTTG ride (perhaps instead it would be better suited to a magic carpet ride, where you sit on a giant towel!). Staying with Douglas Adams, you could have a Meaning of Liff coaster, giving you a tour of crap UK towns ;p

Seriously though, I don't understand why there aren't many rides themed to sci-fi franchises. A Doctor Who coaster would work well in Blackpool. Or how about War of the Worlds? - that would be terrifying. The Booster Bike in Toverland is clearly already themed to the Little Shop of Horrors though.

marc

CF Legend
Shocked there is no Star Trek ride, I know there uses to be something but it went years ago.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
marc said:
Shocked there is no Star Trek ride, I know there uses to be something but it went years ago.

Borg: Assimilator wasn't it? One was a Vekoma Flier, was there another one?

Star Trek was dead in the water until the reboot so it's hardly surprising. Doctor Who is an odd one, I can't work out if it's popular enough or not - probably for a kid's ride, yeah. However, I think people want more like the show in London than a ride.

slappy mcguire

Mega Poster
I know its neither tv series or film, but I have always fancied bioshock as the basis for a good ride theme.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

andrus

Giga Poster
^I second that. Bioshock is THE most atmospheric video game I've ever played. It would make an excellent dark ride!