What's new

Why is Scream at SFMM so hated?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
It's almost sad that it hasnt been relocated. Imagine what a popular ride it could become at some other Six Flags park. Riddler could have been converted into a floorless and it would have become fantastic ride. Also imagine what SFMM could have done with that large plot of land, after they ripped up the parking lot ;).
Riddler's Revenge, and this is backed by science, is legit.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Never got to ride either of the Vortex Stand Ups (or Patriot)
I envy you.

Vortex at Carowinds might be the worst coaster I've ever had the (dis)pleasure of riding. One of the few rides where the discomfort not only lasted during the ride, but remained after I got off.

i305_zack

Mega Poster
To be honest, I have never had a problem with Scream, though every time I ride it, the dispatches take FOREVER. The ride does have a little vibration but not bad, I hate riddler so I would take this over riddler

Christian

Hyper Poster
To be honest, I have never had a problem with Scream, though every time I ride it, the dispatches take FOREVER. The ride does have a little vibration but not bad, I hate riddler so I would take this over riddler

How can you hate Riddler? That thing is huge and really forceful. If you adjust the stand up restraints well before the ride it wont bother you too much. Floorless Riddler would easily be a top tier floorless.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
My one ride on Riddler involved a square wheel which caused a nasty vibration throughout the ride. I also had to wait 90 minutes due to a one train operation. The ride was closed due to Justice League construction during my second visit so I never got a second chance to understand what flavor Kool-aid people are drinking. I thought the ride was awful but that's apparently not the case.

i305_zack

Mega Poster
My one ride on Riddler involved a square wheel which caused a nasty vibration throughout the ride. I also had to wait 90 minutes due to a one train operation. The ride was closed due to Justice League construction during my second visit so I never got a second chance to understand what flavor Kool-aid people are drinking. I thought the ride was awful but that's apparently not the case.
It’s vibration is the worst, every time people say they love riddler, I always say I can’t agree with that, ?unpopular opinion? but I actually like viper more than riddler, I will give it another shot since I have only ridden it a couple times but for right now, that’s my opinion

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
It’s vibration is the worst, every time people say they love riddler, I always say I can’t agree with that, ?unpopular opinion? but I actually like viper more than riddler, I will give it another shot since I have only ridden it a couple times but for right now, that’s my opinion
I have Viper higher than Riddler's on my list as well; and Riddler's as the best B&M stand-up I've ridden (which isn't saying much ?), which is also ahead of Scream.

Christian

Hyper Poster
I have Viper higher than Riddler's on my list as well; and Riddler's as the best B&M stand-up I've ridden (which isn't saying much ?), which is also ahead of Scream.

Viper is a classic but it still has some bad transissions (batwing and between the batwing and the corkscrew). Also it's a shame the first loop is so tiny. For me even the "small" Canyon Blaster is a better ride than Viper. With Scream in the park I woulnt be too upset if SFMM removed it for a big new addition. Sadly Viper (built 30 years ago) seems to be better than anything Six Flags affords adding nowadays so it's better they keep it.