What's new

Why is Furius Baco so rough?

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
It's bloody awful because the seating design is awful...

Remember how it took B&M years to bring how their version of the wing coaster? Notice how they still have the vibration/shudder issue?

Unfortunately the design of the wing coasters is also the issue, as the further you get away from the central supporting object (in this case, the track), the more vibrations will occur (hence why the outside seats generally suffer from more rough rides)...

Add in the factor that Baco's trains sit above the track, they then add another line of motion to the mix (hence why B&M went to put the trains in line with the track, reducing the number of axes of motion), which again reduces the 'stability' of the seating arrangement... The reason why Skyrush has more flooring is Intamin's attempt to alleviate the vibrations...

Look at me showing off my Engineering degree knowledge!

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Im going to be less bold now and say that if Furius Baco's execution was perfect, it could be among the best Intamin hydraulic launch coaster in the world or at least as good as Dragster and Xcelerator, but in a different way. The other competition isnt too hard to beat, I suppose Kanonen looks decent enough in its own right but Rita and Desert Race are rated "meh" and Ka has a reputation for being very rough.

_koppen

Hyper Poster
The main problem with the ride is that it is too fast. The other problem is that you are not seated on the wings, you are seated above them.

It would be real nice too see a new version of the wing train from Intamin, I imagine they would do it differently. Even the same designed with a little more space between the seats to allow for the new lap bar would do the ride much more re-rideable.

Intamin newly presented a new version of their wing train on the shuttle coaster in China, it's not so much different with the seating from Furius Baco, but I think that is mainly because the ride has no turns.

Impulse%20Coaster%20Top%20Side1.jpg

spendleb

Roller Poster
Just returned from the park and I bloody hate this ride with a passion, I can't believe the queues each day were up to 3 hours for it but as we had a fast pass we had a go and instantly regretted it, the launch is fine then it finishes and you drop into the trench and it's torture from this point, I mean actual torture, yes DK and Stampeda banged me around a bit but nothing compared to this, even the bend to the brake run was painful, I came off after swearing and gritting my teeth for 30 seconds and had a seriously bad headache the rest of the day, surely the park know it's not a good ride, why aren't they doing anything about it??

Ben

CF Legend
cjbrandy said:
Im going to be less bold now and say that if Furius Baco's execution was perfect, it could be among the best Intamin hydraulic launch coaster in the world or at least as good as Dragster and Xcelerator, but in a different way. The other competition isnt too hard to beat, I suppose Kanonen looks decent enough in its own right but Rita and Desert Race are rated "meh" and Ka has a reputation for being very rough.

Storm Runner? Formula Rossa? They're both better than Baco.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Furious Baco used to be fine with its old restraints, but now it is very bumpy and headbangy
I rode it before they implemented those (back in 2007), and it was still terribly shaky then. It felt a lot like the bumping you get on the B&Ms, but it was at a much higher frequency and therefore made it more uncomfortable. Sadly, I hear it's only got worse...