What's new

Who is your desired winner of the Conservative leadership contest?

Who would you like to win the Conservative leadership contest?

• Total voters

Matt N

CF Legend
Hi guys. As many of our UK members will probably know, Theresa May has now resigned as Prime Minister, and there's presently a leadership contest on to elect a new Prime Minister. But which of the candidates would you most like to win?

In the contest, we presently have:
  • Boris Johnson
  • Jeremy Hunt
  • Michael Gove
  • Sajid Jhavid
  • Dominic Raab
  • Rory Stewart
From what I know, I think Rory Stewart is my personal choice. He seems like a nice guy and has good ideas.

But who would you pick?

davidm

Strata Poster
Javid and Stewart are the only two that seem not to be 100% self-serving-loathsome pieces of right-wing establishment con-all-the-people sell-out-the-young-and-poor to stuff the pockets of the old and rich (i.e. typical Tory politicians). They are probably up there in the high 80-90% though.

Johnson will win it obviously though, so we will have another un-elected leadership - hows that for democracy, what were they all saying back in 2016 about all that?

Last edited:

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, Boris Johnson is a real Marmite contender.

Neither he or Marmite are capable of successfully running a country ;)

I do wonder if the Conservatives know they're screwed, so they're picking him as a clown to chuck under the big red blame bus, not realising the total chaos he could cause...

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I do wonder if the Conservatives know they're screwed, so they're picking him as a clown to chuck under the big red blame bus, not realising the total chaos he could cause...

I see what you did there..
gettyimages-576855020_1_.jpg

As for the answer to the topic, it's pretty much like being told by a maniac "I'm going to gouge out one of your eyes, but I'll let you choose which one" - the end result is equally horrific whichever you choose.

Snoo

The Legend
I chose Boris.
I mean... we're all screwed whatever happens, but at least with Boris we'll get some cheap laughs out of it.

While I have no stake in the matter, Boris for the lulz. He is almost as big a buffoon as our President.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
^Another big difference is that Trump hasn't been pictured dangling by his scrotum over the superbowl waving a couple of star spangled banners! :)

20190619_135618.jpg

Furiustobaco

Mega Poster
If i'm being honest i think Boris is gonna win so i'm not even hopeful enough to try and root for anyone else..
As said above we kinda fu**ed ourself back in 2016 anyway so it would probably be quite fun to at least have some entertainment in parliament.
Like, we can at least laugh at our crumbling goverment and economy while we secretly apply for visas.