What's new

Which UK ride would make a good movie ?

Which of these rides theme / backstory would make a good movie?

• Hex

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Oblivion

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Nemesis

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Tidal Wave

• X No Way Out

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Please specify in a post below)

• Total voters

DDF14

Mega Poster
Since Disney has had so much success with Pirates of the Caribbean is it not possible that more ride stories and theme ideas could be turned into Hollywood blockbusters. Movie studios and parks could share the costs and would be a huge platform to promote interest in an older ride.

The Nemesis comic and backstory to me has always been screaming out for a big screen adaptation that Alton could use one day to generate interest again in its flagship coaster. Film 4 / UK film council could work together with Alton to come up with a movie that works for both parties. It would be great to see a live action version of the comic story with a 15 rating or maybe even an animated PG13 version..

It has never done video games any harm, although some of the movies are less well recieved.

What about Hex? , Oblivion? and Tidal Wave ?

Any others feel free to add and feel free to express your ideas I would love to read some concepts.

Ben

CF Legend
I think Bel Ami once made a film based on The Haunting and the exploration of the Count's "Inner Svanctum" <3

But, other than that, Hex would be a great film. A bit like The Ring, but, with a tree instead of a tape. Could be fab.

Nemesis could, but, I think they'd have to cut out the bit where they defeated the creature by building a cred round it. Would be a bit gay on film.

Also, inb4 Saw.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Tidal Wave would make an excellent film. It could be set in an Indian coastal town where the locals build a KFC after the disaster to get themselves back on their feet.

Aaron

Hyper Poster
There should be a movie of 13, there will be months of anticipation, press releases from the cast and crew, trailers that promise the scariest film ever...

... And then some midgets running around in sheets pretending to be ghosts.

Communicating through the ether... (tapatalk)

Pingu on drugs

Roller Poster
Well, I know it hasn't been built yet, but the Swarm could be epic! I'm a sucker for post-apocalyptic type themes, and it's got aliens and sh*t so it could be quite good! :D