What's new

Which San Antonio theme park has a bright future for expansion?

TheCoasterNerd9213

Roller Poster
Six Flags Fiesta Texas or SeaWorld San Antonio
I understand their really isn’t much room to add any newer roller coasters and thrill rides to SFFT I know their last biggest addition was Wonder Woman so what could be next as another roller coaster project for SFFT? If they have room do they need to acquire buy more land? I see where the park is situated maybe they just need to tear down and replace? SWSA on the other hand I see has plenty of room for future expansion.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
In terms of room neither are likely to expand significantly but I suspect SWSA is more likely to build larger attractions in a more rapid succession in the upcoming future as they seem adamant on moving their brand more to rides after the blackfish backlash.

Matt N

CF Legend
I'd say both of them seem to have a pretty bright future ahead in terms of rides; SFFT seems to be getting some pretty good stuff from Six Flags, and SWSA seems to be really benefiting from SEAS' major spending spree on rides!

s253065

Roller Poster
I could see SWSA with the brighter future. I've made a list of 5 coaster types they can get in the next 5 years
1. B&M Dive
2. Premier Skyrocket 2
3. Mack Rides launch similar to Copperhead Strike
4. RMC Raptor
5 B&M Wing

I just don't see Six flags making a huge investment into this park especially since they already have a solid lineup with no major holes other than a GCI modern woodie