What's new

Which park has the best music?

TP Rich

Hyper Poster
THORPE PARK has (or did have, as two of my favourites are disused!) some brilliant theme tunes! Some of my personal favourites include:

The (now sadly disused) entrance theme tune:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajBl0nzShPY[/youtube]

X:\No Way Out's (also sadly disused) theme tune:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfOFsOiSqAQ[/youtube]

And, my very own guilty pleasure, Rocky Express!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOrGfwMywdQ[/youtube]

What do you think? :p

Ben

CF Legend
I think this isn't general.

And that it isn't THORPE PARK. Stop trying to make THORPE PARK happen, it's not going to happen.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Does it really matter, it spells the same thing doesn't it. Picky much.

You also really seem to have it in for TP Rich don't you. It's all good saying it behing a screen, very childish if you ask me.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
If you really think that I would start a fight, you really don't know me.
Of course I don't have the same intelligence as you. IM 13. But saying that someone has a "fool hour" isn't really mature is it.
He was ranting off because you seem to alway like to correct people (mainly him) and that tends to get on people's nerves a lot. Yes I understand If what they have put is complete bull, then it's fine, but when it's someone's opinion, there is really no need to moan.

kimahri

CF Legend
He was ranting off because you seem to alway like to correct people (mainly him) and that tends to get on people's nerves a lot.

UC does that to everyone and has done for years. Deal with it.

kimahri

CF Legend
Oh look, it's in the right place now!

So yeah, Thorpe Parks music is kinda dull. Nothing that they've made specifically really stands out to me to me there. Nemesis Inferno's leaving station shpeeeelll thing (?) is cool I guess...

Other than Oblivion and Nemesis' old station music that everyone hated and I was the only one who probably liked it, everything in Alton is also just meh and, that's all I can remember :3

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Moved from General Polls for obvious reasons.

On topic now please.

It is probably Thorpe or Alton for me I think. Park music is something that Tussauds/Merlin have been quite consistently good at.

LFTL said:
I actually just like the cheesy Americana tunes they play in American parks. Don't know why though.

See, I don't see what the American's do as "park music" at all. It's music that's played in the park, but it's not the same thing. Very few American parks have custom music; it's just like listening to the radio and, I'll be honest, I hated that aspect of the American parks I've been to.

Kebab

Giga Poster
Thorpe Parks music... Dull? Have you heard Collosus'? It's fantastic!

Alton Towers wins hands down though.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Is this just between Thorpe and Alton? Confused?

Anyway, some of the best park music I have heard is Efteling, really magical and fantastical =]

Also, Disney and Universal, but they're kind of exempt because they're film scores too.

Old school Alton, Hall of the Mountain King etc.

Thorpe Park's music can go die. That **** Colossus soundtrack. URGH. So repetitive and uninspired </3