What's new

Which is your favourite Florida theme park - if you have been?

Favourite Florida theme park?

• Magic Kingdom

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Epcot

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Disney's Animal Kingdom

• Disney's Hollywood Studios

• Universal Studios Florida

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Universal's Islands of Adventure

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • SeaWorld Orlando

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Busch Gardens Tampa

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Legoland Florida

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

astead04

Roller Poster
For me Islands of Adventure due to the theming, fantastic selection of rides and attractions, general heart, soul and atmosphere and the music played around the park. But that's my favourite Florida theme park. The question is - what's yours?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I'm going to cheat and say the Universal pair as a whole. It would be Islands of Adventure out of the two really, but Diagon Alley massively elevates the studio park.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Haven't been for over 10 years so my opinion might be a little dated, but Universal Studios wins it for me. The place just has an atmosphere like no other park in the world.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Like Howie, I haven't been in over 10 years, but I'd give it to IoA. Depending on what they add to the Dueling Dragons site, that might change though, Studios was incredible.

Busch probably wins for coaster selection (not just 'cos it's a +9), with Montu and Kumba being two of the best coasters in Florida, but it felt like it lacked some of the magic of the other parks.

I didn't do any of the Disney stuff when I went, so no idea really.

Matt N

CF Legend
For me, who last visited in August 2016, my favourite is Islands of Adventure, closely followed by SeaWorld Orlando in second and Disney's Animal Kingdom in third. For me, Islands of Adventure is best because it has great theming and also has rides for all audiences, from teenagers to children. It is still second to Alton Towers as my favourite park overall, though. Whether this is down to sentimentality, I don't know. But I just really like Alton Towers.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Busch Gardens Tampa. As Hixee mentioned it doesn't have the magic that Universal or Disney has, but the coaster selection is great and the atmosphere and appearance are good enough to elevate it over the rest for me.

Islands of Adventure! Such a magical atmosphere with some top notch attractions. Universal is obviously right behind, but Islands has slightly more variety and a wider selection of different atmospheres throughout the park.

Edward M

Strata Poster
Looks like I'll be in the minority (I really am one of the only people I've seen with this opinion), but I'm going to say Animal Kingdom. With Avatar Land, it now has not only a well balanced, solid collection of rides, but it has the best theming of any of the parks in Florida. It also has fantastic animal exhibits and shows to where your entire day can easily be filled up. Plus, the park is amazing at night.

Islands of Adventure is a really solid park (third best in the state I'd say), but it has far too many weakly themed areas to be the best for me. Toon Lagoon and Marvel Island look too "plastic-y" for my liking. Then again, it's just my personal opinion, and most screen-based rides rarely do much for me. While there are exceptional examples (Flight of Passage, Spidey, Harry Potter FJ, etc.), it puts Universal at a disadvantage for me.

lachlan

Mega Poster
Universal Studios for me but Busch Gardens has the best coaster selection.

I haven't been to Disney yet. SeaWorld was nice but I'm not into performing animals and Mako wasn't built yet. Legoland was also a nice park (I love Lego) but the rides are obviously more family orientated.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
IOA. The water rides specifically are fab, Hogsmeade and Forbidden Journey are amazing, as is Spidey. Good range of creds(when DC was running), well themed, good merch, nice atmosphere. The opposite of the crappy park next door.
I did love BGT though, as they have the better creds and is nicely landscaped. Every other park I wasn't overly impressed by. Disney was such a long time ago that it's changed so much so I need to revisit.

GeodieCoasterFan

Mega Poster
last went in 2015 so prior to Mako which looks pretty immense which could sway my view now as when I visited Seaworld it was a great day out with 2 top notch coasters in Kraken and Manta, but I have to give the edge in Florida to Busch Gardens as the zoo was great and it had 3 coasters in my top 20 in Montu, Sheikra and Kumba

witchfinder

Hyper Poster
IoA for me, having visisted for the first time this year. Absolutely stunning, immersive theming and some amazing IPs give it the nod over its neighbour, athough Diagon Alley is easily the best themed area I've seen in any park. Rides-wise I think USF just edges it (until the Dragons replacement goes in at least) but IoA is the better overall experience.

If we're talking just coasters then BGT is the obvious winner, though Mako is the best coaster in Florida in my opinion.