What's new

Which comes first? Six Flags B&M or Cedar Fair RMC?

Which comes first?

• The next Six Flags B&M

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Cedar Fair's first RMC

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
So with Six Flags' yearly RMC(s) and Cedar Fair's yearly big B&M, I thought it would be kind of interesting to think about the opposite. Which comes first? Six Flags finally going B&M again or Cedar Fair finally pulling the trigger on an RMC? Me personally, I think a Cedar Fair RMC will come first, as an RMC of Mean Streak seems likely within the next five years. Six Flags invests less money in their whole chain than Cedar Fair does on ONE coaster every season, so personally I don't think Six Flags will be building another B&M anytime soon.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
I actually think SF will do a B&M sooner than a CF RMC. Six Flags actually spends a LOT more than CF does. RMCs aren't the 10 mil. they were when Outlaw and NTG happened. They've jacked the price right up there with mid-lower priced B&Ms. Six Flags can easily install a cheaper B&M like a Wingrider or Dive Machine in place of an RMC. Besides, Six Flags will essentially put an RMC at every location in the next 3 years if they keep up the 2 RMCs a year trend. What then? More RMCs to a park? Or a new line of coasters. It doesn't have to be a Giga, it can be a simple Wingrider or even a new invert(though I doubt that with Batman being at almost all locations).

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Considering Six Flags actually has a track record of B&M installations, and the last new Cedar Fair wooden developments were planned in 2007, I would side with a Six Flags B&M.

CCF

Roller Poster
Six Flags doesn't seem to want to buy from manufacturers for outside the US though... Also, CF has teased an RMC for the last year.

Epicoasterboy2

Roller Poster
I say RMC because cedar fair needs a RMC BADLY (ex. Mean streak, The hurler at KD but not Carowinds cuz that one is bearable)
That is why I say the RMC. :--D