What's new

Which 2012 Coaster are you looking forward to most?

Favourite 2012 coaster?

• Shambhala

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • The Swarm

Votes: 22 40.0%
  • Parc Asterix Invert

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Leviathan

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Wild Eagle

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Skyrush

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Europa Parks Woodie

Votes: 4 7.3%

• Total voters

spicy

Giga Poster
Time for this annual topic!

2012 has to be one of the best years for enthusiasts in a long time, with some really great new additions being built. Europe is especially being treated this year to three new B&M's all different types :)

I have created a poll of which I think will be the most popular 2012 coasters, not all are on there as there are too many.

So what are you looking forward to the most in 2012?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Despite it being a stupid choice, Leviathan is looking superb. I'm quite excited to see what it turns out like, especially being the first B&M that tall.

Shambalha I don't know enough about yet, but it's a superb addition to Port Aventura and much needed. So I'm excited about the fact they're getting another major coaster.

The Parc Asterix Invert is the only one I'm likely to ride, so I'm stoked about that, but not expecting much.

Skyrush is Intamin so it's not even making the slightest blip on my radar. With them, it's always a a case of wait until it's built then see if it falls into one their three categories: "Meh", "Could have been so much better" or the incredibly rare "OMFG, that's incredible".

Europa's woodie looks like the kind of thing that appeals to me a lot. I know it's mostly eye-candy and the ride is likely to be a little lacking, but I love wood and I love the look of it. So while it's not going to be the best installation, it's probably the ride that will make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :)

Wild Eagle looks nice, but the Wing Riders just don't do anything for me at all (not that I've been on one, but they don't get me at all excited). Again, The Swarm looks very cool, but not interested in the ride type - plus it's in THORPE PARK, in the UK and I'm from the UK so I know it's going to be an almighty let down compared to the world class additions such as Leviathan, Shambalha etc.

peep

CF Legend
It's a busy year that's for sure (or feels like it anyway). I'm looking forward to most of the coasters on the list but I think the Asterix coaster pips everything else for me because it's exactly what the park needed to help balance everything out a bit and it's a B&M, what's not to love about that? Oh and it's going to be themed to a high standard (if their last addition is anything to go by) which means I'll be uber happy.

_koppen

Hyper Poster
With no doubt Skyrush, it WILL crap over everything else built this year.
As for the coaster that I will actually have a chance to ride, then it's easily Swarm.

Also pretty exited about Europa Park's new ride.
I don't think I will make the trip all the way to Spain just for Shambhala, maybe if I like Silver Star a lot.

michaellll

Mega Poster
Had to go with wild eagle. I've been intrigued with B&M's concept, and I'm glad that there's a layout out there in more of the traditional style versus the one's presented in Raptor/Swarm. It also helps that it's in one of the most beautiful parks in the country and it uses the landscape better than any coaster has in recent years. So that's my vote. Hopefully I'll get out there next year to catch up on some Dolly creds.

Leviathan is looking great, although I still disagree about the decision to put it in CW. That's beside the point though, as the coaster itself genuinely looks amazing. I'm calling it right now: That first drop could easily be the best in the world, and the hammerhead looks orgasmic.

Skyrush also looks good, mostly because I'm interested in the new trains and how Intamin will shape the forces on a 4-accross mega. Layout though seems pretty meh.

The Europa woodie also get's a nod from me because of some of it's elements. The first drop, of course, will be fantastic, and the tunnel that it goes into...omg <3 tunnelzzzz. Should fill a nice niche in the park, and it WILL be beautiful :D

The others: ehhhh.

dominoes

Mega Poster
Damn, I won't vote because I can't vote for two. I would vote for Parc Asterix and Thorpe Park. That is mainly because they are the parks they go to most.
Thorpe: At last! A really decent B&M at Thorpe! I was waiting for the day they would build a smooth, very well themed coaster!
Asterix: I really hoped they would make another coaster. The only two thrilling ones hurt. Also, I love inverted coasters!

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
To be honest, I'm looking forward to all of them, Swarm, because it's looks great and it's in the UK, Wild eagle has some magnificent inversions, Unkown at Parc asterix, because it's the first invert for a long while and looks pretty forceful, Skyrush because I'd like to see how this part wingrider concept works out and finally EP's woodie, which just looks like wooden royalty!

If I had to choose a least favourite, because it doesn't seem to stand out greatly from the other hypers. However saying that, it's nice that something will finally overtake silver star in height...

However, I'm most looking forward to Leviathan, simpily because I'd like to see how B&M's own twist on a giga will come out, also it looks very different to the hypers. And it's hardly not forceful...

:--D

Will

Strata Poster
I thought I'd have to vote for Thorpe for one horrible moment, then remembered Europa's THING, and all was good.
The Asterix invert comes a close second, because of being an invert, but I'm less likely to make the effort to get there in the next year.

nealbie

CF Legend
Asterix's latest bundle of joy, easily. We already know the park's theming is top notch and now this time they've got a B&M invert!

Europa's woodie comes second for the sexy looking drop alone. Swarm can be a distant third :p

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
The Swarm. I'm wingrider crazy after doing Raptor. Besides, this is the only new coaster opening in the UK, and a holiday to Europe is looking highly unlikely for 2012.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Swarm. I've watched this baby being born through the season. I'm nursing a semi-on for it.

Parc Asterix's invert is a close second because I'm a B&M fanboy, ie: conventional.

marc

CF Legend
The Swarm for me as the rest are just the same as whats been built before.

Plus it's the only new one I will probably ride lol.

Will

Strata Poster
Martyn B said:
You forgot Toverland's Spinner :p
That was a moment of excitement. Then I researched, and went 'Oh, it's one of those'. Still, I reckon with a bit of the inevitable Toverland magic, that could probably be quite special (although, that didn't exactly save BoosterBike...), and thus still worth getting excited about :)

spicy

Giga Poster
^ Yeah as its a Mack spinner I left it out as it surely won't be anyones favourite :lol:

Personally I am looking forward to Swarm the most as Thorpe is a local park and a new B&M is always exciting no matter what type but Swarm looks pretty awesome and could potentially be one of the best UK additions in years.

Shambalha is a very close second for me. Having never been on a B&M Hyper and probably the only coaster I have ridden comparible to this being PMBO I am very excited for this coaster and am definately planning a trip to Port Aventura next year to ride this.

Venom2053

Hyper Poster
Leviathan is the one I'm most looking forward for it's a whole new area for B&M to explore and it about 45 min from my hometown. Needless to say I'm riding it on opening day. Swarm looks pretty good as well especially with that new inversion. I'd put that second, third i'd have to say is Shambhala looks like it will interact with the terrain and khan very well.

I'd have to put Skyrush and Wild Eagle as a tie for fourth, i'm overall excited about them and I probably will never ride them.

As much as im B&M fan boy I'm not to excited about the Parc Asterix invert, mainly because it seems too much like Montu at Busch Gardens and i really don't see it bring anything new.

The woodie would be last, i'm not a huge woodie fan. Plus, I probably will never ride it.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Leviathan has me most intrigued, as it is a bold new step for B&M. Swarm takes second, only because we've already seen its type before.