What's new

When do you proceed to the routine of full body cleansing?

So when do you stop being a smelly dirtbag?

• Mornings

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Evening

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Midday - Cause I'm a freak/work dead eye shifts and stuff

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Never!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kimahri

CF Legend
So, after finding out if people "poo" their hair and how often followed by some interesting creative discussions on Facebook I've been inspired to create this poll to perv on you all some more.

When do you Shower/Take a bath/Cleanse your full body?

Are you a morning person, an evening person, midday. Do you ever bathe at all?

Let us converse on this conversable subject.

Edit: inspired by joey.

Snoo

The Legend
Re: When do you proceed to the routine of full body cleansin

Depends on my day.. mostly at night tho.

Ben

CF Legend

I shower mostly at night too.

... mostly.

Mark

Strata Poster
Mostly at night as I normally get in from work and feel eurgh.

Do love a morning shower too though.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

I shower every morning, when I get up. I like just getting into bed tired and worn out, then getting up, showering and feeling fresh. I think this is exacerbated by the fact I have relatively cold showers, they always make me feel awake, which isn't really what you want when you're going to bed.

The exception is if I'm going to the gym/biking early-ish in the morning. Then I'll just shower when I'm back home, but usually I'll shower in the morning, then again when I'm back. I also will tend to shower before I go on a night out, just to feel refreshed again I think.

nadroJ

CF Legend

I just don't have time in the morning to have a shower. I think if I had shorter hair I probably would, but my hair is such a mission I need to make sure I have plenty of time to tackle it. Hence I usually wash at night. Nothing better than coming in from a long day and getting in the bath and just laying there for ages <3

That's not to say I don't wash in the mornings though.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

Morning, almost exclusively.

Before anyone goes on about me being a clean freak though, if I'm not going out I often don't wash at all, or leave it till afternoon/evening.

I understand why you like an evening wash, going to bed clean makes sense. But don't you find yourself wide awake after?

See, half the reason for morning showers is as a wake up. Even if I'm not doing anything, when I get up I splash my face with water, else it just feels like my eyelids are sticky and my nose slimey.

Having a quick wash in the morn would take me as long as a shower. So I don't understand why people do that.

I don't get the " don't have time" Crap either. Cut the evening shower, go to bed that whopping ten mins earlier, and get up ten mins earlier?

Hair takes ages? It's called a shower cap.

I feel gross putting clean clothes in a body with a nights sleep. I don't get how you can all think that in the 7 hours you've been in bed you've not sweated, because you have. If it doesn't bother you that's cool, but you have, and it makes me feel gross.

And the last reason is antiperspirant. If you wash in the evening, and put it on, you then have to wash it off to reapply in the morn. It DOESN'T WORK for more than 12 hours or if reapplied over old deororant. If you're not a sweaty person I guess this is fine, but doesn't it make your pits feel gross and sticky and itchy? It must do!

You're all mental. And lazy.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

I usually start work at 7am and hate getting up early therefore I shower in the evening. The benifit about washing before going to bed is the bed sheets remain cleaner for longer.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Joey said:
I understand why you like an evening wash, going to bed clean makes sense. But don't you find yourself wide awake after?

The evening bath/shower routine is my major point of "relaxation". ****, shave, shower (or bath) and then lounge around in either bed or bath reading for an hour so feeling all clean and lovely. Nothnig better after a hard day.

Joey said:
See, half the reason for morning showers is as a wake up. Even if I'm not doing anything, when I get up I splash my face with water, else it just feels like my eyelids are sticky and my nose slimey.

I still do that. A morning shower IS great at waking you up, and I'd need it if I had to get up ten minutes earlier!!!

Joey said:
Having a quick wash in the morn would take me as long as a shower. So I don't understand why people do that.

It takes me five minutes just to shave, then a shower is generally around ten minutes as I have to make sure I thoroughly wash off all the soap/shampoo. I have really sensitive skin and break out in hives at the drop of a hat, never mind the tiniest bit of detergent. Quick wash is five minutes or so.

Joey said:
I don't get the " don't have time" Crap either. Cut the evening shower, go to bed that whopping ten mins earlier, and get up ten mins earlier?

Hair takes ages? It's called a shower cap.

The hair still needs washing though, so you'd then have to still have a later bath/shower... If I didn't have an evening shower, I would still go to bed at the usual time, because I have many years of ingrained routine. So I'd be ten mins down each day... Plus, I'd go to work still damp, which is nasty.

Joey said:
I feel gross putting clean clothes in a body with a nights sleep. I don't get how you can all think that in the 7 hours you've been in bed you've not sweated, because you have. If it doesn't bother you that's cool, but you have, and it makes me feel gross.

I don't feel (really) any dirtier now, after a night's sleep than I did when I went to bed. I don't smell and my skin is smooth. Don't you feel really dirty going to bed? Doesn't it bother you that you're (potentially) sleeping with somebody else, in the closest context possible while carrying around a day's worth of muck and sweat? To me, that's worse than inflicting it on people who only ever get within maybe five feet of - AND I'm not exactly humming and naked.

Joey said:
And the last reason is antiperspirant. If you wash in the evening, and put it on, you then have to wash it off to reapply in the morn. It DOESN'T WORK for more than 12 hours or if reapplied over old deororant. If you're not a sweaty person I guess this is fine, but doesn't it make your pits feel gross and sticky and itchy? It must do!

I wake up with clean pits and bits. As long as I dry myself properly, I don't smell in the mornings so don't use antiperspirant in the evenings after a shower (unless it's an early evening shower because I'm going out). It's very odd though, because during the day, if I don't use deodorant, I smell very rapidly (or if I use crap deodorant) - within an hour or so of getting up. Hence why I don't think I have the sweat issue at night. I think maybe you need to look at your diet if you sweat so badly overnight :p

Joey said:
You're all mental. And lazy.

Yes, but for none of your reasons :p

Ian said:
I usually start work at 7am and hate getting up early therefore I shower in the evening. The benifit about washing before going to bed is the bed sheets remain cleaner for longer.

This and this... Though I start work at 8:30 and the idea of getting up before 8:00 a.m. is utterly abhorrent to me :p

kimahri

CF Legend

I start at 9. My train takes about 25 minutes and arrives around 25 past 8 and I leave my house at quater passed on a normal day in an attempt to arrive on time for the 25 passed train. I don't actually get out of bed untill 5 passed cause I just can't wake up earlier. So I've got 10 minutes to get dressed, pee for ages and brush teeth, grab a book and then find **** so I can leave. I have not the time to shower on a work morning.

Plus it feels all gross and cold and unhappy showering in the morning but if I'm going somewhere on a day off and I haven't been the night before I'll put up with it.

And I am really lazy.u

nadroJ

CF Legend

My main reason is that I don't like to have my time limited. I know that in the evening I can sit in the bath and do nothing for as long as I want (within) reason. I'd hate to have a quick bath (or shower, but I don't really shower that often).

If I do have a shower it's at least 20 minutes, and I just don't have that time to spare in the mornings.

Also, babywipes are the best invention in the world. Feel a bit gross in the morning? In a rush? Babywipes <3 Always have babywipes with me.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Sadly Kim, you have not passed this morning's grammar test :p

kimahri

CF Legend

I'm tired, on a phone and at work being on the internet when I'm not stupposed to. Sacrifices must be made and stuff.

Bleh.

Gazza

Giga Poster

I shower in the morning...It's just too hot and humid here at night to not shower in the morning...I'd stink otherwhise!

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

The evening bath/shower routine is my major point of "relaxation". ****, shave, shower[\quote]
You pop in the evening, too? Omg why ate you so backwards.

I like baths in the evening, but more often than not I'd rather spend that precious time chilling out by arguing with someone on here.

Explain in detail what you do during the quick wash, cuz mine would involve washing arse, groin, armpits, chest and face, spilling water everywhere with a flannel in the process. Might as well just do it all.

The hair still needs washing though, so you'd then have to still have a later bath/shower... If I didn't have an evening shower, I would still go to bed at the usual time, because I have many years of ingrained routine. So I'd be ten mins down each day... Plus, I'd go to work still damp
Wait, why.would you be damp? Towels, use them :p

And wow, ten mins.

Re hair, that's what my mum has to do. Washes it a couple of times a week, showers every morning. Don't really see the argument here.

Ya know who's an evening shower person? Guess. And you know you don't want to be likened to him....
Tbf though, he never ever ever ever smells of bo, yet never uses deodorant.

I don't feel (really) any dirtier now, after a night's sleep than I did when I went to bed. I don't smell and my skin is smooth. Don't you feel really dirty going to bed? Doesn't it bother you that you're (potentially) sleeping with somebody else, in the closest context possible while carrying around a day's worth of muck and sweat? To me, that's worse than inflicting it on people who only ever get within maybe five feet of - AND I'm not exactly humming and naked.
If I felt particularly dirty and was sharing, id shower at night also.

But its actually got nothing to do with anyone else. I give less of a pop about smelling and more bothered about feeling gross. When your skin just feels icky.

Hence why I don't think I have the sweat issue at night. I think maybe you need to look at your diet if you sweat so badly overnight
Im sure my diet is better than yours. :p I think the actual reason might be that I'm a hot person, especially at night.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Joey said:
I'm a hot person, especially at night.

There's no need to be lewd though is there? :p

p.s. my diet is fine, it's just a little too large and contains a little too much weekend beer ;)

kimahri

CF Legend

I think I might revive an old thread when I get home with all this talk about sleep. I wonder if Ian still sleeps in a bath.

When I have school, it's always in the mornings.

When I have work at McDonalds, it's usually after my shift which is later at night.

When I have school/work at the club, I shower in the morning and at night.

My showers usually take up a fair bit of time but I always make sure I have time to shower otherwise I just feel nasty.

nadroJ

CF Legend

LiveForTheLaunch said:
When I have work at McDonalds, it's usually after my shift which is later at night.

Ah, there's another reason I bathe at night. Coming home from work I STINK of burgers and steak and just.....food. Gets in my hair too, which is blergh. Urgh I can't imagine going to sleep stinking like that <//3.

^ I know! I'm a bit of a shower freak, like I have to shower and wash my hair at least once a day, and working at McDonalds makes it so much worse. It doesn't really make my hair smell bad, but it makes my skin greasy as **** which grosses me out. I feel extra slimy when I'm put on grills as well :( .