Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Leviathan

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Shambhala

Votes: 6 22.2%

• Total voters

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Semi related: Anyone know the drop of Leviathan?
I see height 306 but have not found what the drop is. Seems odd.

Brett7710

Mega Poster
^ I could have sworn I saw something during construction saying it was about 300' but I can't find anything now either. Makes you wonder whether it actually breaks the 300ft barrier, although some people are happy enough if the coaster is over the height regardless of drop size.

Has anyone on this site actually ridden Goliath at La Ronde? It just looks like it should be awesome, I can't remember seing a modern steel coaster with as many camelbacks. I assume the coaster doesn't go quite fast enough to get much airtime, otherwise i'm sure i'd have heard more about it. Either that or none of our members have gone all the way there to ride it.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Diamondback and Goliath SFoG are my only two B&M Hypers. Both coasters have fantastic airtime, great layouts and even better pacing. The terrain also adds a lot to the ride experience, and their unique locations in the park. Both coasters are in my Top 10.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Brett7710 said:
^ I could have sworn I saw something during construction saying it was about 300' but I can't find anything now either. Makes you wonder whether it actually breaks the 300ft barrier, although some people are happy enough if the coaster is over the height regardless of drop size.

Has anyone on this site actually ridden Goliath at La Ronde? It just looks like it should be awesome, I can't remember seing a modern steel coaster with as many camelbacks. I assume the coaster doesn't go quite fast enough to get much airtime, otherwise i'm sure i'd have heard more about it. Either that or none of our members have gone all the way there to ride it.

That's exactly what I was wondering. My only thought was it must be under a 300 foot drop.
Shame is I'm a nerd and want to know!
I really don't think people will care if it's a 293 foot drop or something, (except for real fringe nuts).

Agreed, that rides looks like sex. So many airtime hills and at least the POV I saw there were hardly any trims. And it just looks cool with all those hills.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
JJLehto said:
The drop on Leviathan is 306 feet. The tunnel at the bottom of the drop is below the bottom of the tallest support, so I'm sure that they measure the height from the bottom of the drop to the highest point at the top of the lift hill (or else it's over 306 tall).

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
ECG said:
JJLehto said:
The drop on Leviathan is 306 feet. The tunnel at the bottom of the drop is below the bottom of the tallest support, so I'm sure that they measure the height from the bottom of the drop to the highest point at the top of the lift hill (or else it's over 306 tall).

Ah.

Just was curious because it's rare, (especially with modern and big coasters) to have just "height" listed.
I mean Shmabhala is 255 feet and 11 inches and goes 83.3 mph :lol: Those are some specific measurements.
That does make sense though. This is why I love CF

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
We do also have a bunch who have ridden Goliath a La Ronde.

Just remove the t from at and you are speaking French!

Has anyone on this site actually ridden Goliath at La Ronde?

I've been on it. To be fair, I only rode it during the morning a couple of times, so maybe it hadn't warmed up, but it wasn't very good. Could also be because I lost my phone on it that I dislike it :p . But nah, it just didn't compare to the others. Go to the first page to read my post if you wanna see how I rank it.

ava1enzue1a

Mega Poster
I've only ridden one of these (Apollo's Chariot), so I don't have room to compare. :( I can say though that this one delivers some pretty good pops of ejector air in the back row; not sure how well compared to others of course but I'm sure it definitely has its moments.

BBH

Giga Poster
I've actually ridden a couple but out of the ones I've ridden the Bull is the best of the bunch.