• Thorpe Park

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A

Anonymous

I voted Alton Towers because of the countries best themes and setting plus the fantastic coasters (Nemesis, RITA etc)

herbinator

Mega Poster
I've not been to many but I always enjoy going to alton. The rides are fun and so easy to get to, this could all change when I go to alton in a few months though! :--D

elmerfudd

Mega Poster
Thorpe Park, mainly because I am obsessed with the Saw films and actually have Costas Mandylors Script. Cost me a bomb but worth it!
Andd they have better flats =)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Other... I have many :)

I love Oakwood. I don't know why, it's actually a bit rubbish - but I love the relaxed atmosphere and mild cheesy wiff of the place. If there was a ride I could really enjoy all day too, it's Megafobia. I've had some of the best theme park days ever at Oakwood.

I also love Twin Lakes and Milky Way. They're a million leagues below the big players, but again, you can have a brilliant day there.

For me, a great park is more than just a collection of "great rides". There's an atmosphere, excitement and glee that it should impart on you as a visitor. I'm not really into re-riding, but I AM into having a great time. It's why I loved Southport, rubbish rides, but there was something special to me visiting the place - the rubbish rides help I suppose :)

So yeah, my favourite park differs wildly from what I consider to be the "best" park :)

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
furie said:
I love Oakwood. I don't know why, it's actually a bit rubbish - but I love the relaxed atmosphere and mild cheesy wiff of the place. If there was a ride I could really enjoy all day too, it's Megafobia. I've had some of the best theme park days ever at Oakwood.

I couldn't agree more! I'm gunna make the trip down this Friday for my fix on megafobia

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Top 3 in no particular order...

Alton - Brilliant rides and atmosphere... Gardens provide a nice place to chill...

Chessie - Fun place and zoo... Always feel relaxed... Meerkats and Lorikeets provide much fun...

Oakwood - Lots of green areas... Again, another place where you can relax and chill...

As is obvious, I like atmosphere in a park... Enjoying myself is the first priority...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I don't think I've had a day at Chessington yet which has done it full justice. I do] like to visit, and I do think there's something good there, but I've just not spent enough time there on a quiet enough day.

Oddly, that's kind of it's problem, there is such a lot to do at the park. I've always ended up rushing to try and fit everything in and missed out on having a more relaxed day. I think Madame_Furie has seen it better, and she really likes Chessington. I just need to visit more, but it's too far, but not far enough to make a weekend jolly of it like Oakwood.

jokerman

Giga Poster
Chessington for me. Because it's so easy to get to for me, I can just relax and spend as much time as I need doing what I want. It's really nice to just walk round it.

Snoo

The Legend
Alton looks the best from the 'never been there' standpoint. I'm also interested in LWV and Thorpe of course.

elmerfudd

Mega Poster
Nemesis Inferno said:
Top 3 in no particular order...

Alton - Brilliant rides and atmosphere... Gardens provide a nice place to chill...

Chessie - Fun place and zoo... Always feel relaxed... Meerkats and Lorikeets provide much fun...

Oakwood - Lots of green areas... Again, another place where you can relax and chill...

As is obvious, I like atmosphere in a park... Enjoying myself is the first priority...

Theres just one problem with the Alton Gardens - Once you are in them it is literally a mission to get back out, its so easy to get lost.
Its an amazing themepark with an awesome atmosphere and lots to do, but Thorpe tops my list.

Waffleman

Mega Poster
It feels like saying your favourite band is Linkin Park, but I think I have to say I have the best time at Alton towers, despite how I must've been there over twice as much as any other park in the world.

sean

Mega Poster
Flamingoland for me. It's not so much about the rides but on a warm summers day, I could quite happily sit on the grass next to the Wagon Wheels and just chill out listening to the familiar sounds. It has a fantastic aura about the place on such a day :--D

A

Anonymous

Best UK Theme Park

Thorpe Park I think because it has great rides sutch as Stealth, Inferno, Colossus, Samuria, X no way out and Detonator.

My Top 5 Theme Parks UK

1. Thorpe Park
2. Alton Towers
3. Blackpool Pleasure Beach
4. Flamingo Land
5. Chessington World Of Adventure