• Bebo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tagged

• Other

• Total voters
Facey Face.

It's more straightforward, no silly layouts and music to get through, and you also get a lot of gossip and all the latest goings-on!

A

Anonymous

I don't really see the point of having one, so CF for me :)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
loefet said:
I agree.

Mind you, I do have a Facebook for sorting out events and stuff. But even then, it's kinda pointless.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
loefet said:

x

CF is as far as I go, too. Although I do have a CoasterForce Myspace, simply for advertising reasons.

Ollie

CF Legend
I used to like Myspace loads more than Facebook. But after they changed Facebook I've been using it more. But I only used it regularly first of all for apps such as Vampire Wars and Mob Wars (I added you ECG by the way). :)

But I reckon I was kind of forced to change as hardly anyone I know still regularly uses Myspace anymore so I had no one to talk to, whereas everyone is on Facebook now.

kimahri

CF Legend
What Loefet, Hixee and Ian said.

I was on Facebook for about a day and I closed it.

Nothing ****ing happens! all you get are irritating emails.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Facebook is a useful tool for pretending to keep in touch with people you couldn't be bothered to keep in touch with :lol:

I have lots of old friends there I've not talked to for years and years. I still don't, but I FEEL like I am :D

It's also great for sharing photos and vids really, just a really great way of getting them out there to people. For me, that's it's real strength.

As for the annoying emails, etc - Madame_Furie complains about them too. I used my brains, and switched them all off. I still get requests quite often, but I find it's fine as long as I don't leave it more than a couple of weeks between checks :)

spicy

Giga Poster
furie said:
Facebook is a useful tool for pretending to keep in touch with people you couldn't be bothered to keep in touch with :lol:

Precisely.

I have one but don't ever use it, if I want to speak to people I will use my phone.

Its good for getting tickets for clubbing events and stuff like that though.

A

Anonymous

I have MySpace, Bebo and Facebook but I prefer Facebook because it has games etc. and you get less random people adding you. All it has a good design unlike the others.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I have Facebook & MySpace accounts, but I rarely get anything out of MySpace as most everyone I want to be in touch with is on Facebook. MySpace is really just for getting in touch with those few who haven't made the switch. Facebook also has a much 'cleaner' interface & a nice simple chat application.
All my family is on Facebook, so it's really the only way to stay in touch, since my mom lives in Ireland & Thailand, my brother in Germany, my sister & dad in Florida and my other sister in Pennsylvania.
Plus there's my niece & nephews who are going to Universities in Colorado, Florida & Pennsylvania. I would not have the close relationship I have with them without our constant contact through Facebook (they would otherwise only get the usual birthday/Christmas cards from me & I would only get their thank you cards in return).
Facebook invites & groups keep me up-to-date with all that's going on that I might not otherwise hear about (since I'm not as active in the NYC club scene as I used to be).
I also quite like Mob Wars (thanks Ollie :) ) though I really don't need something that consumes more of my spare time. :wink: But as furie said, it's the photo & video sharing that are the real added bonus.
I have most of my buddies from CF on Facebook & nothing pleases me more than seeing the photos/videos from their (non-coaster) lives automatically posted to me. I get a real feel for who they are away from this forum. And nothing puts a smile on my face like seeing family_furie having a grand time doing the things that family_furie does. It makes all those miles between us almost disappear. :--D
As far as annoying emails, I don't get them. Guess I have those filtered out.

thx

Mega Poster
The only one I have is on Tagged, made a profile after a friend invited me 2 years ago. None of my friends are in there and I don't use it much at all, except for communicating every once in a while with some international "friends" etc.

I remember when someone from CF invited me to join Facebook in 06, I sort of thought, maybe later. Time went on and about exactly a year ago, Finland 'officially' got swept away by the phenomenon, it was "in" and all that, there was much writing about it, EVERYONE joined etc. That's pretty much why I haven't joined, lol.

Rach

Giga Poster
I went from liking Myspace in late March 2008 to hating it now.

I much prefer to use Facebook. As already said, the interface is much cleaner, I can't even remember what the old Facebook looked like in comparrison to what it looks like now. I sort of switched as soon as it was avaialble. Plus, you can ignore the applications and not have your profile bogged down with requests and various other things.
I prefer the privacy on Facebook and it's much easier to stop any emails coming through to you than what Myspace is.

I also prefer Facebook cause hardly anyone from school has caught onto it and are still in their Chavbo or Myspaz crazes. Which means I can keep it to mainly CF mates and some of my old primary school mates.

So yeah, Facebook!