What's new

What's next for RMC?

Ben

CF Legend
No, you don't.

You really don't.

If you did, you'd be a moron to post it in here anyway.

You don't know anything. I've been around long enough to see straight through idiots like you.

jj23w

Hyper Poster
Yes you may of seen through people like me. BUT if I'm correct about what's happening to Air then you are going to look like an idiot. If I remember rightly even with Octonauts I told everyone the manufacturer and I got it right.

elephant58

Hyper Poster
^Pretty much everyone said it would be a Zamperla though.

And we know what's happening to Air, the only things that haven't been revealed are the 2 new themeing elements.

jj23w

Hyper Poster
^ you've been told what's happening around the entrance hardly knowing what's going to happen. Riders won't see anything of the theming because what will happen.

Ben

CF Legend
How will we know if you're right if all you're saying is 'I know'

If you had been told you would be a moron to post the details on a forum, so sit down, shut up, and let the adults talk.

Darren B

Giga Poster
I try and stay away from jj23w on the forums so I'm not viewed as someone who picks on the weaker members.

However, he doesn't get the hint in this topic so I'll make it clear - Either state your sources or SHUT UP!

Getting finger blasted by Shawn Sanbrooke doesn't make you more knowledgable than anyone else on here. You're the worst member on this forum yet you make no attempt to better peoples opinions of you.

Ben

CF Legend
Just FYI, Wet Jordan thinks Air will be the World's first virtual reality Flyer.

Dunno why he won't just come out and post it.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
jj23w said:
If I remember rightly even with Octonauts I told everyone the manufacturer and I got it right.
Actually you identified the track as Zierer then weighed in with your prediction once Alex and Jordan had posted the news clipping picture.
I haven't seen anyone call out the new improvements to Air yet so go ahead and share the knowledge.
Time will tell if the new woodie at Alton will be a worlds first GCI that goes through the gloomy wood like you predicted.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
I'm not trying to take sides - I don't even know who jj23w is - but unfortunately I think he's right.
I'm not claiming any inside knowledge, I don't have any, ahem, 'high up sources' at Alton Towers, but I just don't see Alton going down the Rocky Mountain route. I wish they were, I really do, there's nothing I'd like more than to see an RMC monster at my home park, but that's part of the reason I don't think it'll happen. Merlin never build stuff that goons want.

And even if I'm wrong, and Alton are in talks with RMC about a new ride, I'd put good money on SW8 being shelved for the time being until the Smiler thing is sorted

elephant58

Hyper Poster
I can see them going for RMC more than GCI or GG, they're more innovative. And Alton love innovative.....

The Smiler thing will probably be sorted next year when it reopens. Hasn't Nick Varney already said somewhere that all planned developments will continue?

mouse

Giga Poster
I guess it depends on how much money Merlin loses due to the incident, they might want to focus on getting average visitor numbers and profit back up before investing in a new large-scale coaster.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Yes but what is the best way to get visitor numbers up? Build a new coaster, to be honest the park was busy today and yesterday, seems to be getting back to normal now anyways.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Darren B

Giga Poster
Alton will 100% go ahead with any plans that were set for 2017 and beyond. Infact, expect even more potentially.

In business you can't cut back on pleasing the consumer. Look at Tesco for instance; billions in debt, yet Dave Lewis has invested further millions into making the customer happy. He's made sure that any cuts aren't visible to the consumer, Nick Varney for sure will take the same approach.

Also, AT need to get back into the tabloids for the right reasons, and Europe's first launched/Inverting/longest (or whatever SW8 is planned to be) will do just the trick.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Ok, getting back on topic - the thing that baffles me the most is this; given the overwhelmingly positive reaction to all the Rocky Mountain creations built so far, why isn't every park in the world bashing down RMC's door and waving a blank cheque book at 'em? You'd think that a Rocky Mountain coaster would be at the top of every parks 'must-have accessory' list by now. Y'know, like the B&M inverters of the 90's.

I guess I'm just bitter. I've not even ridden one yet, and I'm fed up of waiting for a UK or European park to grow a pair and invest in one.

mouse

Giga Poster
How desirable are they to the general public compared to other coaster types though? How are queue times for RMCs compared to other coasters in the parks, does anyone know?

Ben

CF Legend
^They're really popular.

They're already building as many a year as the firm can physically handle, don't worry about their order book drying up yet.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Yeah, like Ben said, RMC is at the max amount of projects they can do. RMC can currently only handle about 3 projects a year, so they're already booked thru 2017(I think). If a park wants an RMC, it'll be waiting until then.

NemesisRider

Roller Poster
jj23w said:
I'd bet you its not RMC, think more along the lines of a Great Coaster Internationally.
Why really a GCI? Don't get me wrong, John Wardley (who is the driving force behind Merlin getting a woodie at Alton Towers) probably quite likes the company as they've done some great rides but RMC just produce much better rides. I've ridden Twisted Colossus and Goliath (SFGAm) and they are both great rides, even though Twisted Colossus is the one I much prefer. Alan Schllike and John Wardley working on a project together would be certain to give a great result.

I'm not trying to cause an argument but nobody knows at this stage. As a regular Alton Towers visitor I think an RMC is more likely and fits in more logically but that's just my opinion.

insanecoastervids

Hyper Poster
I think they will do iron horse conversions for the Six flags parks that haven't got one of their rides yet. I also think at some point more international parks will try to get one of their rides.