What's new

Whats happening to Deja Vu?

A

Anonymous

I heard that the one from Great Adventure is getting moved to Idaho or somewhere along those lines, but what about the one from SFOG? Anybody heard anything. I think they should move it to Kentucky Kingdom so they'll have another decent coaster. I mean...Chang is like their only good coaster, since T2 is painful and Greezed Lightnin sucks cuz they slowed it down.

~Seddy

Error

Strata Poster
http://www.rcdb.com/id4155.htm

Well there's the one from SFoG

Six Flags is changing their image, and as such they're getting rid of alot of the rides that just sat there and remain broken. So, they are being sold off to other parks so they can deal with them.

A

Anonymous

Error said:
http://www.rcdb.com/id4155.htm

Well there's the one from SFoG

Six Flags is changing their image, and as such they're getting rid of alot of the rides that just sat there and remain broken. So, they are being sold off to other parks so they can deal with them.

Yea I heard the one from Great Adventure was being moved there, which is sucks, but what about the one from SFOG? It would be cool for it to be moved to a park close by so I wont have to travel across the country to ride Deja Vu again. But I still dont understand why they tore it down in the 1st place. 2005 and 2006 were the best seasons for Deja Vu.

After getting the catching system redone during the off season in 04 the ride ran ALOT more....Many guests as well as employees are upset...I got a phone call Saturday from a friend who had went to Six Flags in hopes of riding, only to find out that the famous 200 ft. green and blue towers were GONE!

I think they made a BIG mistake. Seeing how Deja Vu was one of the parks most popular rides. I can honestly say...everyday the ride was open, the line was LONG!

~Seddy

A

Anonymous

I stand corrected. I always get Great Adventure and Great America confused. But yall kno what I meant. :lol:

~Seddy

Dave

CF Legend
Seddy said:
I think they made a BIG mistake. Seeing how Deja Vu was one of the parks most popular rides. I can honestly say...everyday the ride was open, the line was LONG! [/b][/color]

~Seddy

Its a good move in my opinion, because yes it may be very popular ride, but the down time of the ride was horrendous and parks don't want a big 200ft ride sitting idle. So best thing to do is get rid of it and build something reliable in its place.

But I don't know what Six Flags did wrong with them, as Stunt Fall dosen't do too badly in Spain, unless Vekoma worked most the bugs so Stunt Fall worked better.

CedarPoint6

Hyper Poster
The thing was a money pit in terms of operating costs and downtime is never good for a ride. I rarely saw it open thorough the years and when it was open it just wasn't worth riding due to the painfully slow loading times (and overall lousy ride-- but that's my opinion).

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Then... who wants to buy it?
I bet the reliability is a major factor when a park decides to buy a 60 meter coaster...

Maybe as a sculpture over the park entrance?

marc

CF Legend
The one at Magic Mountain was shut when we were there, there was not anyone even working on it.

The whole area had fencing round it so I could not see what was going on, I did think they were keeping theirs though?

A

Anonymous

Maybe as a sculpture over the park entrance?

Good idea, they've sorta done that with a bit of (false) Colossus track, interlocking over the Parks main entrance. :--D

HarryBoyy

Mega Poster
i kjnow this is weird but alton towers are gettinga new ride and what if they keep it all hushed and then they have that

monkeyonatable

Mega Poster
I remember the one from Georgia was down about 70% of the time, so it was a smart move to remove it. I wish I knew what happened to it, because it was a decent ride and there are alot of small parks around here that could use a decent coaster. My best guess it that they sold it for scrap.