What's new

What would be a good Launch Coaster for Six Flags Over Georgia

VectorNova

Roller Poster
SFOG is my home park, and a launch coaster is what we are missing. What would be a good model that six flags can afford? S&S Air Launch or Vekoma Shockwave

Hutch

Strata Poster
I mean, an Intamin blitz or a Mack launcher would be a good addition for SFOG. But we all know that's not happening.

Looking at their recent investments it seems that an S&S air launches or a Premier are the only options. They'll probably go for a Sky Rocket II.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
SFOG is my home park, and a launch coaster is what we are missing. What would be a good model that six flags can afford? S&S Air Launch or Vekoma Shockwave
I concur. To be honest, the more likely of those two options would be an S&S Air Launch, but the option that would intrigue me the most is a Vekoma Shockwave (although Maxx Force really caught my eye due to its unique layout). Whereas an S&S Air Launch in the vein of Maxx Force would be thrilling yet short, I feel that a Vekoma Shockwave has better potential to be a more well-rounded ride, featuring not just an intense launch but also strong airtime hills, whippy inversions and a longer duration. I would be thrilled to see more of new Vekoma in the United States, as I've heard nothing but great things about Formula, Lech Coaster, and even Dragon Flier. All in all, I would love to see both options, but the more likely is an S&S Air Launch.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
S&S are perfectly capable of doing them as well though.
I know this; however, from what I understand, the air launch technology is extremely expensive compared to LSMs, meaning that most of the ride's budget would be dedicated to that air launch feature as opposed to a longer track length with more elements. On the other hand, Vekoma would give a more "bang-for-your-buck" kind of coaster; Lech Coaster was $4.8 million dollars, and many praise that to be one of the best coasters in the world for its strong airtime, whippy transitions and powerful elements. Not once have I heard people deem it too short, unlike Maxx Force.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

Bear in mind that this was added to the RCDB because I sent it in with the picture above.
Duane has no more information than we do at the moment he just decided the picture above was conclusive enough.

It is yet to be determined that it is, in fact, Zaturn.