What's new

What was the first foreign roller coaster you ever rode?

rctneil

Roller Poster
My first foreign coaster was actually the very very first one I ever rode. Corkscrew at Sea World in Australia.

Us3rmane

Mega Poster
For me I think it was Eurosat when I was 6 years old. Now that it has been retracked + got a new theme I kind of miss Old Eurosat. I haven't been on ECCC yet but I'm kind of scared to see if it will not have the same crazyness

TilenB

Strata Poster
*looks at my home country*

Do I have much of a choice to do anything but to ride foreign coasters? I don't count Alpine Coasters and while there have been some coasters at larger fairs in the past, they were mostly owned by foreign showmen.

So yeah, my first ever coaster was Ortobruco Tour in Gardaland in 1999, when I was 2 years old and I'm still waiting for that permanent Slovenian coaster to pop up.

My first non-European cred was Gwazi though, interestingly enough also the first coaster I've ridden outside the European Union (especially considering Slovenia wasn't even part of EU until I was 7).

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
That's a good question. Our family holidays were always Spanish/Greek beach resorts, so I'm sure there was a wacky worm at some point.

I visited Phanny Land with school in 2004 aged 14/15, and remember going straight to Winjas as I'd heard it was a much better version of Dragons Fury/Spinball which I loved at the time. So yeah, probably Winjas.

We did visit Port Aventura when I was of a similar age, but I think that may have been after Phantasialand.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Nemesis Inferno back in 2014. Ironically haven't done any more abroad creds since that trip. Have yet to get an abroad woodie as well.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster

jj23w

Hyper Poster
It would of been Big Thunder Mountain in 2012,the coaster that kick started my enthusiasm for Coasters. My first foreign woodie was Stampida.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Even though Ive been to Europe, I never got the chance to get to a park over there (lame, but high school trips do that), so I'm going to stick with the first out of state cred I rode - the kiddie coaster ar Conneaut Lake Park or something at Kennywood possibly.

That was at a very young age (I think 3 or 4. Id have to confer with my mom on this one tbh).

I hope to change this sad fact within the mext 5 years.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
It would've been Big Thunder Mountain, Orlando, July/August 1991. Space Mountain on the same day, but I remember that being at night.

Are you sure it was night? You know it's indoors yeah? ;)

anyway - those were also Miy first 2, just in the other order! way back in 81

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I live in the States, so my first foreign roller coaster would probably be Dragon Wagon at Galaxyland. I rode it when I was really young I think (I have family in Edmonton), but remember riding Autosled and Galaxy Orbiter in 2012 on a later visit. I finally got to ride Mindbender in summer 2017, and I might just get to ride it again this very summer!

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I can't remember my first for sure, but it probably happened at a family holiday in Denmark. My candidates are either Timber Ride at Legoland Billund, or Mine Expressen at Fårup Sommerland. Not the grandest of coasters out there, but I can't have been older than 8-10 at the time.

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Even though Ive been to Europe, I never got the chance to get to a park over there (lame, but high school trips do that)
I got lucky with this... 15 years ago in Austria on a school trip, we got a few hours each day of free time. The bus dropped us off in the downtown Vienna tourist area... and I walked (jogged) to Prater and back to get my credits haha. It was actually pretty amazing thinking back on it. The bus drove us past the Ferris wheel and I just kinda kept track of what streets/turns we made until the drop off and I traced it backwards without a map or phone or any sort of tool to get to the park. <3

Pierre

Strata Poster
Megafobia in Wales if you class Wales as foreign from England haha!

No, seriously I think it was stampida? We went on a school trip to port aventura in 2001

Y. Kim

Mega Poster
Mine was Revenge of the Mummy in 2013, when I was 12. My friend who's GP freaked out and has a roller coaster trauma but I enjoyed it though it's not that fast or high

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
Mine was Grand Canyon Bahn (one of the coasters that burned down) at Phantasialand in 1999. Perks of a German family!