What's new

What to do with bags?

A

Anonymous

This is a kind of random question, but not knowing these things really stresses me out for some reason...
I've never been to a park without people who don't want to ride the coasters and are willing to hold bags, but this summer I'm going on a trip with a few family members who all want to ride the coasters. I don't want to leave my camera and stuff in a locker all day since I'll want to take pictures, but I don't want to risk losing it...so are you allowed to leave your bags in the station on most coasters?

jayjay

Giga Poster
It depends on different parks. Some parks, like Universal, make you use the lockers when you go on certain rides. Some parks provide shelves or some sort of storage space on the station platform, and some just let you leave your bag on the side of the station (at your own risk of course).

A

Anonymous

Ok I guess to redo the question do Cedar Point, Six Flags, and Hershey let you leave your bags?

Ben

CF Legend
Cedar Point I can't help you with (though if it's like the other Cedar Fair parks I've been to, yes), but, Hershey let you leave bags in the station but at Six Flags on the big coasters you have to pay $1 to put your bag in a locker outside the queue, which you then pick up after you are done (or be cheeky and leave it a bit longer, but, I think there is a time limit!) Other, smaller coasters will let you leave them in the station.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Emilia said:
Ok I guess to redo the question do Cedar Point?

The one they're quite strict with the Top Thrill Dragster, where you have to use a locker, $1 coin required. This is because TDD has a seperate loading and uploading platform.

Aside from that, I think the rest you take your bag on or can leave it on the platform. Maverick has these funky hydraulic boxes that open/close depending if your train is in the station. It's all pretty secure.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
You will need to order a locker for TTD and Millennium Force at Cedar Point, all other coasters (and majority of rides) have in station lockers.

What Six Flags park are you thinking of attending?

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the info! We're going to Six Flags New England and possibly Great Adventure also depending our route.

Ben

CF Legend
Then it's lockers on practically everything decent. All the B&Ms, Intamins... the woodies are leave in the station (not Toro!), as is the Boomerang at SFNE (I think... I'm not 100% now actually). I can't remember about Pandemonium since we didn't ride it during park opening hours! Water rides are all take-with-you if I remember right, and flats are leave-on-the-platform.

Ben

CF Legend
Batman is lockers...

... like I said in my post...

And are you sure on Mind Eraser? I'm 99% sure they had lockers. In a weird location if I remember correctly.

NickkyG

Mega Poster
How come all american parks have lockers?

My entire life i've just dumped my bag/coat etc in bag area on the platform and i've never had anything stolen or anything. I always keep my wallet/phone in my pocket though.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
The official reason is to speed up loading. If people have already stashed their stuff in lockers, there's no delay whilst people clamber across the train and put their stuff in storage areas, so the trains can be loaded and checked more efficiently.

Of course, the parks themselves have a vested interest in using the locker system, as it allows them to charge a dollar for a locker each time you want to ride something.