What's new

What sort of tat do you buy?

Dave

CF Legend
At a theme park what sort of tat or souvenirs do you buy at a theme park or attractions? I usually buy quirky tat or guide books.

What do you guys buy at theme park gift shops?

nadroJ

CF Legend
Pin badges yaaay! I always wished I'd collected something widely available at every park though, like pencils or shot glasses, but it's too late to change now, so pin badges it is!

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Usually a shirt or shot glass. I don't care what people think I like getting shorts of my favorite rides. It brings back great memories and nostalgia. Every so often I'll get a snow globe too

Ethan

Strata Poster
For me it's just the normal crap. Pens, mugs and t-shirts! Maybe sometimes i'll throw in a branded condom for the laughs...

Intricks

Strata Poster
Lanyards and shot glasses if available. That and souvenier cups lol.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Nic

Strata Poster
Fridge magnets. From every park. Ever.

I also tend to buy the occasional bit of useful tat for at work, depending on what I need at the time. At any one time I'll usually have a mug, plastic cup, lanyard, and small selection of stationary on the go. These get replaced with new ones when they get broken/tatty.

Very occasionally I'll see a t-shirt I like. It's normally that I like the shirt though rather than liking the ride. Oh, and if it's cheap/on sale helps too. That's how I've ended up with 2 air t-shirts and one for that crappy Mine Train thing at GayRainbowLand.

Oh, shopping bags seem to be a recurring theme too.

Yeah, I'm a goon.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I'm with Jordan, pin badges all the way!

But if they dont have them, I also tend to go for a fridge magnet, and maybe a mug or glass. Depends on the quality of it all really.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
I don't want to admit this, but I buy as much as I can when I go to parks, I spent £155 on tat when I last when to Alton. :/

Brookes

Giga Poster
I mostly buy mugs but also have a few t-shirts and other bits of tat such as a cap, fridge magnets etc. Also got a book from Disneyland CA and I've got a book that was on sale at Alton Towers, but I didn't get it from there.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Nothing.

Absolutely nothing.

I can't stand buying **** I don't need just for the sake of it. The only bit of park tat I've got is a mug from Dollywood, and that's only because it's got a picture of Dolly with my name on it, and it's FAB. It's actually useful though, so **** everything else.

STC

Mega Poster
gavin said:
I can't stand buying **** I don't need just for the sake of it. The only bit of park tat I've got is a mug from Dollywood, and that's only because it's got a picture of Dolly with my name on it, and it's FAB. It's actually useful though, so **** everything else.

Completely agree with you. You would have thought enthusiasts would be the one kind of visitor the theme parks who wouldn't buy low-quality, over-priced tacky crap. But bizarrely, they seem to buy more of it than the general public! The one group of people you'd expect to be the most in the know about what absolute **** most theme park merch is...

Saying that, I did buy a very nice t-shirt with a diagram of Blue Fire on the back and a small "Mack 225" logo last year, but that was an exception really...

Rach

Giga Poster
Where do I start with my tat?!

I always try and buy something from parks (more so this year than ever before) that can sit on a shelf and collect as much dust as possible!

Shot glasses are my favourite atm! I have somewhere in the region of 60/70 and I got at least 40 in America! Plus none of them broke on the way home!!

Mugs are a similar purchase, although they take up more room, so I only have about 10 of those! :p

Pin badges are a new thing, plus like statues that parks purposley make to sit on a shelf! I'll admit I like bears as well, have to be psrk/ride related! I fell in love with a Colossos bear at Heide that has his hands up, he just had to come home with me! Same with that Snoopy at KD! :p

I'm not the biggest collector of clothes, I literally have a Seasame Street tshirt fron Port Aventura and a Mickey hoodie from DLP that I wear regularly! But the logo on the PA shirt is tiny and Mickey hoodies can be got from shops, not just parks! So I don't really mind those!

So anything that can collect dust really!

I <3 tat!! :p

FaceYourNemesis

Hyper Poster
I buy far too much tat if I'm honest. My current collection equals numerous ORP, five ride shirts, mugs, keyrings and lots of pens which I rarely use.

It doesn't help that Merlin Annual Pass holders are entitled to a discount on merchandise.

Colossus

Giga Poster
I used to collect shot glasses, but I stopped buying them years ago.

Now I always make sure I get myself a pen and a fridge magnet for my really ugly filing cabinet.
I will occasionally get a mug if I find a decent looking one that dont look like it will fall to pieces.
I also got a t-shirt from Oakwood, but I normally give the clothing a miss.

So yeah 95% of the time its fridge magnet and a pen.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Rach said:
Where do I start with my tat?!

I always try and buy something from parks (more so this year than ever before) that can sit on a shelf and collect as much dust as possible!

Shot glasses are my favourite atm! I have somewhere in the region of 60/70 and I got at least 40 in America! Plus none of them broke on the way home!!

Mugs are a similar purchase, although they take up more room, so I only have about 10 of those! :p

Pin badges are a new thing, plus like statues that parks purposley make to sit on a shelf! I'll admit I like bears as well, have to be psrk/ride related! I fell in love with a Colossos bear at Heide that has his hands up, he just had to come home with me! Same with that Snoopy at KD! :p

I'm not the biggest collector of clothes, I literally have a Seasame Street tshirt fron Port Aventura and a Mickey hoodie from DLP that I wear regularly! But the logo on the PA shirt is tiny and Mickey hoodies can be got from shops, not just parks! So I don't really mind those!

So anything that can collect dust really!

I <3 tat!! :p

What about the best things. Free park maps :D