What's new

What parks do you have zero desire to revisit?

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
It's likely a safe bet that there are many parks out there where virtually every enthusiast wants to revisit. I'd imagine the mega parks, like Cedar Point, Six Flags Magic Mountain or Great Adventure, Phantasialand, or Nagashima Spaland are at the tops of everybody's lists. Maybe some people have a soft spot for the small park they grew up at, like Seabreeze or Lake Winnie. Whether the park is building a brand spanking new B&M, you're visiting for nostalgia sake, or you've grown up and it's time to introduce your kids to coasters, you're going back for another visit.

I recently concluded a road trip with a series of parks that I would love to visit again sometime in the future but I also visited a few parks where the likelihood of going back is slim to none. What are your parks that you don't see yourself ever revisiting?

Now before I list my own parks, I do want to clarify that this is a snapshot in time activity. There is the (slim) possibility that a park like Six Flags America gets cleaned up and a bunch of investment gets dumped into it, ultimately leaving it as a park worth visiting. Probably not...but I guess it IS possible. So let's just lay this one sort of ground rule for this thought exercise: the park's chances of building something major (like a RMC anything or B&M hyper) - something that would draw you back - are slim to none.

Zero desire whatsoever:
  • Tibidabo - good view but a pain to get to
  • Beech Bend - it was pretty trashy
  • Buffalo Bill's Resort - how is Desperado still existing? Actually...all of the Las Vegas rides...too expensive for what they are.
  • Conneaut Lake Park - It wasn't quite as bad as I thought it'd be, but it's still pretty bad
  • Fantasy Island - Silver Comet was slightly disappointing
  • Fun Forest - This place might not even exist
  • The Great Escape - Comet is the only redeeming quality of the park and it's not worth traveling an hour minimum out of the way
  • Santa Monica Pier - There isn't room for anything new
  • Stricker's Grove - their operating schedule really makes visiting difficult
  • Sylvan Beach - I probably contracted some disease there

More likely to add something major, but I won't visit otherwise even if I'm passing by:
  • La Ronde - It's REALLY far out of the way
  • Lakemont Park - we'll see what happens with the renovation. Leap the Dips was fun but I'm not dying to return when Hersheypark is down the road.
  • Palace Playland - it depends on who I'm with - I'll stop in with fellow enthusiasts who need the quick +3 before/after Funtown.
  • Six Flags America - I REALLY don't want to go back, but I would make a pit stop for something major.
  • Six Flags St Louis - It doesn't seem like they're doing a whole lot with this park - I'll gladly pass it up for bigger and better things.

jayjay

Giga Poster
Tibidabo - good view but a pain to get to
Yeah, I was surprised by that too. Being in a massive city and all. Would still go back though. Need plane-on-a-stick.

Aside from the natty little parks for +1s, there's a few.

Terra Mitica - Got its charms, but entirely too out of the way. I still think including it in my Spain trip was a mistake. I didn't even get all the creds cause the SLC was closed.
Skyline Park - it's got Flamingoland syndrome. Lots of mediocre to poor thrill rides, but somehow has even less soul.
Schwaben Park - Didn't like this place at all. I think the sad animals did it in for me.
Wiener Prater - See Skyline Park but with more concrete. Also pay-per-ride.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Atm, I really don’t want to have to go back to Brean Leisure Park, ever. Zero desire. But who knows when places like this will get a ****ty new cred that I’m just desperate to have?

Skyline Park has been what I’d class as my least favourite park for a while now, but I’m kinda over the hate (mostly) and there’s two new creds to be had now so I’d probably get them if I was in the area.

There’s loads of parks or credstop places that I wouldn’t revisit without something new (too many to list really), but unless I’ve felt properly unsafe somewhere, had a really traumatising experience, or it’s just absolutely extortionate to get back into, I’d basically revisit anywhere with the promise of a new cred.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
If you listen to the podcast...ya'll will know exactly which park I have no desire to return to.

**** ass butt **** titty balls

Or as it's more commonly referred to as...California's Great America.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Will

Strata Poster
With the way they are at the moment:

Thorpe Park
Chessington
Legoland, Windsor

I'm also throwing in:
Drievliet
Parque d'Attractiones Madrid
Belantis
Bobbejaanland
Linnanmaki

And very controversially:
Tivoli Gardens

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
It's pretty hard to put me off of a park to the point that I'd never return, even if I had a bad experience I'm willing to go back and give it another go to see if I can have a better time. However, the one I would say is the closest to a definite no would be Camden Park in West Virginia. The place is so run down it looks abandoned from the outside and nothing there, flats or coasters, is even remotely fun. They recently got an SBF Visa spinner and it's within day trip distance of me so I'll probably make it back there this fall but unless something major happens after that I'll probably never go back. I mean, a ticket's $14 and you get what you pay for soooo...

Lucy

Hyper Poster
Surprisingly, I can't think of any parks I wouldn't want to revisit - all the ones I've been to have been good in their own way :)

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...&share_tid=42626&share_fid=21663&share_type=t

The Drunk Riders: The CoasterForce Podcast!

Myself, @Snoo and @Antinos talk coasters, beer, and :emoji_poop:. It's a good time, and a great shameless plug.

I see you have a zero out of five stars rating — impressive. Subscribed.

For a second, the name made me think it might be this horrifically bad coaster podcast I listened to once, but thankfully it has nothing to do with that.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I see you have a zero out of five stars rating — impressive. Subscribed.

For a second, the name made me think it might be this horrifically bad coaster podcast I listened to once, but thankfully it has nothing to do with that.
Didnt even know soundcloud had a rating system. Awesome.

RLB500

Roller Poster
M&Ds, absolutely horrendous park. Went once, never again. Pinfari hellhole.
Other than that, Fantasy Island in Skegness. It's less than 3 hours away from me and I can't understand why so many people want to go to Skegness, there isn't too many tourist attractions, it feels a bit rough. I do like what Mellors have done to the pyramid and they have some decent flats, but Odyssey was good the first time round, not so much anymore. Millennium is the only real attraction and I won't go back to a park for one ride which sits outside my top 20.

If any parks did get a large cred then I'd consider going back but i can't see that happening.

FarleyFlavors

Mega Poster
I’ll second this, except I thought the woodie was s**t. X Coaster was closed and I paid $50. Never again.
I feel your pain brother.

There was a fairly bizarre offer running when I went there. You got a "bring a friend free" ticket if you bought a season pass online, so Mrs. Flavors and I both got in for not much more than the cost of a single day ticket.

Still paid too much, mind.