What's new

What is your favourite part of Christmas dinner? (Or equivalent)

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I'm picturing beer flowing, meat smoking and goon games all night!
We could get some of the Peakstone’s Rock ‘Alton Towers Inspired’ beers in. Nemesis and Oblivion are quite nice if you like your pales!

Stick the BBQ on, Howie can bring some of his local sausages for us all to try.

Genuinely would be up for organising an after park meet next time there’s a CF Live in the midlands :)

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
My ideal Christmas dinner would be:
- An entire bowl of bread sauce
- A mountain of cheap stuffing drowning in gravy (none of that posh stuff with berries in, ew)
- One big, slightly underdone Yorkshire Pud

That's all. Everything else in a roast is gross 🤮

Eyebrows

Hyper Poster
My dad always makes burnt ends when he makes brisket for Christmas, and I honestly think they’re better than the main event! They’re little flavorful balls of pork, and they’re almost a dessert.

For those who don’t know, burnt ends are byproducts of brisket from the corner cut, or the more burnt end, hence the name. I don’t have a photo of them but here is a picture from Wikipedia:

1640873804223.jpeg

As for a more traditional Christmas dinner item, it has to be the stuffing for me.

nadroJ

CF Legend
^I came here to say the same 😂

Interestingly my dad made some beef short rib to go with their dinner this year. Sadly I wasn’t there to taste it so hopefully he does it again next year too!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Closely followed by sprouts... I'm the only fan of sprouts in our household, but they're still an absolute must!
I don't hate sprouts, but they bring me zero joy - so why bother?

We do a "bring stuff to help" round to in-laws-of_Furie most years, and one year we had to bring sprouts.

So I shallow fried them with chestnuts and bacon. Almost everyone had sprouts that year. Just imagine how good that would be without the sprouts though ;)

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
I don't hate sprouts, but they bring me zero joy - so why bother?

We do a "bring stuff to help" round to in-laws-of_Furie most years, and one year we had to bring sprouts.

So I shallow fried them with chestnuts and bacon. Almost everyone had sprouts that year. Just imagine how good that would be without the sprouts though ;)
Shallow fried with bacon, salted butter, and just a touch of garlic is incredible!!! It’s something we sometimes do mid year, but never Christmas!!! Sometimes we do exactly the same thing with cabbage. Will have to try chestnuts!

P.s it is definitely beef burnt ends… If pork burnt ends exist, I’ve never seen them… Though pulled pork is rather nice. :)