What's new

What Is The Most Overrated Roller Coaster?

NickkyG

Mega Poster
pencilboy2 said:
I mean the coasters where you go up and then down and the rides over

I'm not really with you on that one. Rides like Oblivion and Stealth and such which literally just go up and down always (to me) look pretty boring, but pack a punch when you actually ride them.

A

Anonymous

Saw is waaaay over rated, it has no power at all, it is not intense at all, I would go on it again but it can't compete with Colossus or Stealth

You know pretty much any ride that is like stealth, kingda ka, and top thrill dragster all let me down. They are too fast and never worth the wait

One trick ponies as they say, but to me, Ka and Dragster are both two amazing rides, and fall into the middle range of my top ten. They don't do much, but what they do is pretty amazing.

A

Anonymous

Infusion at Blackpool Pleasurebeach. It's only over a 30cm pool of water! What's so good about being painfully thrust around the track after being conned into going on it when a perfectly good giga coaster is next to it!

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
Black Mamba. It's good, but it doesn't strike me as anything that special.
I found it tame really, very tame.

Dave

CF Legend
Brad said:
AltonThorpe said:
Saw is waaaay over rated, it has no power at all, it is not intense at all, I would go on it again but it can't compete with Colossus or Stealth
You have to be kidding :lol:

Says the person with Baco as a top ride ;)

Colossus is fun.

Tatsu.

If I wanted an elephant to sit on my chest, I could go to a circus and not have to deal with Tragic Mountain.

I fail to understand the beef with pretzel loops really. They're intense, but they're not so intense that you should be feeling like you're in pain. If the pressure was sustained I could see it maybe feeling uncomfortable, but they're really not thatttt bad.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
bobatalton said:
Infusion at Blackpool Pleasurebeach. It's only over a 30cm pool of water! What's so good about being painfully thrust around the track after being conned into going on it when a perfectly good giga coaster is next to it!

Infusion is certainly not the most over rated coaster unless you count what the park itself says. How are you conned into going on it, it is not painfull at all and PMBO is a Hyper, not a Giga, and an awfull one at that. PMBO is the worst coaster there, apart from Steeplechase, which isn't meant to be a big ride anyway.

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
Steeplechase is the most unique coaster there, & miles better than Infusion. Obviously any concious person would recognise that an iconic hyper coaster should be deemed better than a polished turd (Infusion).

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
I agree with Tatsu being overrated. I guess I can see why people like it, the pretzel has great force, it's longer than other flying coasters and does more, etc. but I really don't enjoy the ride...staring at the ground just isn't fun to me, the pretzel loop is too forceful, and waiting on the brake run in that position completely...sucks.

Voyage is another overrated ride for me. The layout is incredible, but unfortunately, I barely got any air-time out of the ride because Holiday World's ride ops stapled me!...all three times. The ride was also a lot more rough than I expected, but it's still an amazing coaster and my #4.

Then there's Diamondback...didn't get much air-time on this one either, and the layout was really repetitive (like most B&Ms). I also noticed a little bit of rattle at the bottom of each hill. Barely made my Top 10, it'll definitely get knocked off next year.

Lastly, I have a feeling Terminator will rank higher than it should in the Mitch Hawker Poll this year. I really like the ride but there's way better wooden coasters out there, just not in Southern California unfortunately, so pretty much everyone here that hasn't gotten out of California will rank Terminator as their #1 woodie and I'm guessing it'll end up in the Top 15.

Tjex1

Roller Poster
I think Stealth is very overated. If TTD or Kingda Ka didn't exist, the fine, but otherwise, not.

Rush

Giga Poster
^So? It's not like you've been on either of the two. Whilst I agree that Stealth is overrated, just because there is a bigger version doesn't mean it sucks. I think someone said they actually preferred Stealth to Ka.

(Though I do think Ka/TTD look MUCH better than Stealth. :p)

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
Tatsu.

If I wanted an elephant to sit on my chest, I could go to a circus and not have to deal with Tragic Mountain.

I fail to understand the beef with pretzel loops really. They're intense, but they're not so intense that you should be feeling like you're in pain. If the pressure was sustained I could see it maybe feeling uncomfortable, but they're really not thatttt bad.

Personal tolerance levels may vary. The pretzel loop is my least favorite part of any of the B&M flyers I've been on.

Maverick.

Not worth the 2.5 hour waits IMHO. It's the newest thing, so it's popular with the GP. I like the lift and launch, but it's certainly not the most amazing ride in the world. (Karate chops to the neck are also not positive selling points to me.)

Ben

CF Legend
I didn't have a problem with Tatsu's pretzel loop. Superman at GADV killed me, but, Tatsu was fine. I was too busy going "OMFG THIS RIDE IS INSANELY AWESOME AND I LOVE IT" to notice to be honest with you...