What's new

What is the most inversions a coaster has reached?

A

Anonymous

Hey, I'm wondering if theres a coaster that has more inversions than Thorpe Parks Colossus, and I don't mean X, I mean the coasters that tracks inverse the riders. So far I've only found Colossus with 10! And BTW, that's a great ride.

A

Anonymous

This is a world record breaking roller coaster. Intamin's 10-Inversion Roller Coaster is currently beating Intamin's previous Guinness Book of Records entry by 2 additional inversions! The company is also able to create a 12-Inversion Roller Coaster, to further advance the worldwide record.

By carefully selecting the sequence and style of inversions with the emphasis on smooth transitions and heart-line rolls, this coaster will be less stressful for the passengers than many coasters with fewer inversions.

Technical Data

Type

8-INVERSION
Track length

approx. 823 m (2700 ft)
Height of lift

approx. 31 m (102 ft)
No. of trains

Seating capacity

28 persons
Max. Speed

approx. 85 km/h
Theoretical hourly capacity approx. 1290 pers

Type

10-INVERSION
Track length

approx. 840 m (2756 ft)
Height of lift

approx. 31 m (102 ft)
No. of trains

Seating capacity

28 persons
Max. speed

approx. 80 km/h
Theoretical hourly capacity approx. 1300 pers

Type

12-INVERSION
Track length

approx. 1490 m (4890 ft)
Height of lift

approx. 44 m (145 ft)
No. of trains

Seating capacity

Max. Speed

approx. 98 km/h
Theoretical hourly capacity approx. 1150 pers

http://www.intaminworldwide.com/iag/ind ... &Itemid=32

A

Anonymous

Here is a pre-creation I have made of the 12-loop design that Intamin have made, the layout was published in the First drop magazine...

12looplift-overview.jpg

Ali

Mega Poster
^Off topic but loefet that first drop on the 12 loop coaster looks just like a mega-lite's first drop, I would love to see one built with that layout, looks superb :).

A

Anonymous

RollerCoasterFanatic said:
Rush said:
A simpler answer would be that Colossus is joint with "Ten Inversion Roller Coaster" at Chime Long Paradise, China.

Basically that's all we need to say. That pretty much clears it up

i agree :)

Snoo

The Legend
Still have that baby for download loefet? I rode it back in the day but I wanna go for another spin. :p

A

Anonymous

^ No problem:
CLICK for version with lift.
CLICK for version with launch. (Yes you read it right, this coaster can come with a launch...)

Ali said:
^Off topic but loefet that first drop on the 12 loop coaster looks just like a mega-lite's first drop, I would love to see one built with that layout, looks superb :).
Yeah, it's pretty awesome, but in my opinion then it dies a bit after the first set of corkscrews...
Well it's the official Intamin layout for the 12 inversion coaster, so it might be built unless the park orders a custom one...

A

Anonymous

Can you image if Pleasure Beach Blackpool was to bulit the world's first 12 looping rollercoaster that would be awesome