Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Double Lap Bar

• Other

• Total voters

Fi

Mega Poster
Air's restraints are amazing. They're so comfortable and secure without feeling restrictive.

xsupaxmanx

Roller Poster
I really lovethe Intamin lapbars on Superman Ride of Steel in New England. They are reallycomfortable and allow a little freedom. I also love Nitro's clamshell restraints. Going over the second hill, if you sit on the left, you feel like you will fly out witht he amount of freedom the restraints give you.

Tony

Hyper Poster
I loved Abismo's lap bar thing, they did'nt get tighter during the ride at all but if you put it on tight in the station it's not a very pleasant ride. Intamin T bars are good. I like their OTSR's but not on coasters with snappy and fast transitions.

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
I like B&M full body restraint because they allow a lot off movement but are really comfy and not restrictive. I am also a fan of the Intamin launch coaster restraints as featured on KK, Stealth, Rita etc

Almost

Hyper Poster
^I find them very restrictive actually.

They're comfy yes, but often they are very bulky and if two people are sitting next to each other, its impossible for both to have their hands up.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
It's a tie between the Intamin OTSRs and Lap Bars. Both have their pros and cons, and it's a nearly impossible decision to which is better.

It's a tie between the Intamin OTSRs and Lap Bars. Both have their pros and cons, and it's a nearly impossible decision to which is better.

Yeah, after finally getting to experience the Intamin OTSR last month, I can judge them properly. You're right about the positives and negatives though, because they do both have them.

To me though, I still like the T-bar for Top Thrill Dragster because the over the shoulder restraint really wouldn't serve a purpose on this. The over the shoulder restraint is good for airtime, but Dragster has none, so T-bars are sufficient and they also don't block your views. Definately make you feel more open and vulnerable though, which is a plus.

The Intamin over the shoulder restraint is absoloutely great and appropriate for the type of ride Maverick is. They definately allow for feeling airtime, and aren't as bad as I had anticipated them being. Sure, they don't make you feel as open as the T-bar, but it was a good decision to put them on Maverick, as they're pretty much perfect for the ride and the elements on the ride.

So I'm going to call it a tie, because they're both good for different reasons.

P.S.- Matt, loving the set!

Steven

Giga Poster
Any harness I can get in which can give me extreme airtime in like Incredible Hulk and Oblivion. Also Shockwave, U.K. is nice.

Tony

Hyper Poster
They're comfy yes, but often they are very bulky and if two people are sitting next to each other, its impossible for both to have their hands up.

OMG, on Khan last week the persons arm beside me was huge and I could'nt move my arm at all and it was stuck in an akward position.

That is a problem I find with B&M restraints but usually I put my hands up before the person beside me does.

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
I dunno what clam shell is, but X-car wins for me because it is so versatile. It just really needs to be put on some intamin megacoaster or any b+m, as then airtime coasters can become multi inversion aswell. Also, they could be used on dive machines, as the Ostr's on oblivion slightly comfort you stopping the fear of the drop, and the are not very needed because there are no inversions anyway.

So yeah, I'd go for x-car restraints, but mounted on an intamin or B+M train.

...oh, are clamshells b+m lapbars? They are probably one of my favourites because they are so damn big and comfy. Didn't feel so much airtime on S star as I did on EGF though... but that's probably the track.

A

Anonymous

I was really surprised when i went on the big one first off wen its over 200ft tall and all you have is a lap bar

Lain

Giga Poster
Inversionperson said:
I dunno what clam shell is

Inversionperson said:
oh, are clamshells b+m lapbars?

Yes they are.

p15579.jpg