What's new

What has thorpe done to the rapids?

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster
I came back from thorpe today and whilst there I noticed the rapids were much more fast/wetter than usual! Vertualy everyone came of drenched! Does anyone know what thorpe have added for this to happen?

Inverse

Hyper Poster
when i last rode it they had punched holes into a hosepipe and aimed the resulting fountain remarkably well.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Yesterday, I got SOAKED! There was no need for me to go on Tidal Wave after it lol.
They've got everything working apart from the end fountains. Trust me, it doesn't need it.

Ben

CF Legend
ugh, they're soaking now! Like something you'd normally see somewhere hot! They actually reminded me a lot of Warner's, but, not as good...

Still, <3 until after the tunnel now. I loved the new stuff. Then, it just disappears!

Ollie

CF Legend
So have they added new stuff or is the flow of the water just faster so it creates bigger waves?

jokerman

Giga Poster
When I visited the at the end of last season they had added some waterfalls that you go straight under. Is it them that you are talking about?

Ollie

CF Legend
On the corner before the tunnel there's that rockery thing to the right with that ledge hanging out. Does water come out of there?
Also is that funnel thing at the end working? That hasn't been going for years.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
^ Yes to the rockery, no to the funnel. But really, it does not need it! Any more and it wouldn't be much enjoyable, it's already pushed it far enough. I swear, I didn't bother with Tidal Wave, this got me soaked through to mi pants. lol