What's new

What are your favorite “clone/basic” coaster models?

Intamin to Win

Mega Poster
“Clones”, as I’m sure you can guess, means in this case a model of coaster that has been rebuilt in the exact same way multiple times. If at least two of them exist, and their layouts are identical, then it counts. “Mirrored” coaster clones are fine (ie Wonder Woman + Railblazer) assuming the mirroring is the ONLY difference. But, for example Colossus at Thorpe wouldn’t count, because the newer Intamin 10 Inversion models are slightly different, and there’s 3 or 4 of them by now. So, taking into account theming, smoothness, etc, what are the best examples of such rides? Darien Lake’s Ride of Steel (now Superman again, I think?) would be my first vote.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Of the coasters I've ridden, Flash/Hyper Coaster gets my vote. Solid Hypercoaster with an awesome first drop, very decent airtime and fun inversions.

Curious to try an Intamin Megalite, or the upcoming Vekoma Firestorms (any news on the Vietnam one which was supposed to open last year?!...) otherwise.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Not going to include coasters with one twin as a stock/clone model just yet, so it's the Intamin Mega-Lites for me still at the moment.

As much as I'm sick of them, the B&M Batman model deserves a mention.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
They ae still building that WW clone in China right to make it 3?

Yeah. That

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

KommissarLT

Roller Poster
Batman: The Ride clones
That's about it, really. The only other model I can think of is Boomerangs but only if they have the newer cars/restraints.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
The only two I can think to mention at the moment are the Batman and Mega-lite clones.

Once a third Wonder Woman clone is operating too, I'll add that.

CookieCoasters

Giga Poster
Ones that have only been cloned/mirrored once don’t quite feel in the same “clone league” as something that’s been cloned quite a lot like Boomerangs and stuff to me.

So, keeping to stuff that’s been cloned a few times at least and where I’ve ridden at least two of the kind:

- Blue Fire clones - These are great coasters, a “classy” clone that many parks seem to be purchasing, and I can see why. Loved the two I’ve done (Europa and IMG).
- Batman clones - I do feel like I’ve ridden too many of these but they’re still a quality ride each time and usually one of the best coasters at their parks.
- Sky Rocket IIs - Airtime, hangtime, launches, inversions... they offer a lot in a small footprint and the ride experience is exhilarating.
- Superman Flyer clones - I know most are not a fan, but as someone who finds B&M Flyers very enjoyable, these are solid option imo.

Should really include Intamin Mega-lites even though I’ve technically only done one, no doubt the others are as good. I would like to do a second GIB that has the original-style trains too, Stunt Fall is so good but Goliath sucks.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Out of the clones I've done? Batman: The Ride clones for sure, with my favorite being Six Flags Over Georgia's variant - I have only ridden that one and the Six Flags Over Texas version. I'm fortunate in that the two Boomerangs I've ridden have been ranked on the higher end of the quality spectrum (Sidewinder and Flying Cobras/Carolina Cobra), but because other Boomerangs aren't necessarily praised I am hesitant to say they're better.

Hutch

Strata Poster
The only goods ones I've done that I can really think of are the Batman clones. Can't go wrong with them.

Niles

Giga Poster
I am a fan of the new Vekoma suspended clones like the 453m, they are great rides for smaller parks, both smooth and existing. Also cant wait to see if the Vekoma Energy storm, Fire storm or top gun launch clones are going to be good.

Its not one yet but Lech coaster ( Bermuda blitz ) is meant to be clone-able i think? id love one in the UK.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I am a fan of the new Vekoma suspended clones like the 453m, they are great rides for smaller parks, both smooth and existing. Also cant wait to see if the Vekoma Energy storm, Fire storm or top gun launch clones are going to be good.
Those are the family coasters, right?

Batman clones are a sure fire thing here. I enjoyed the Sky Rocket II model more than I thought I would, and wouldn't mind that becoming a more pervasive clone.

Niles

Giga Poster
Those are the family coasters, right?

yea the suspended 453m is and it one of my favourite clones I've been on :D