What's new

What are the furthest operating coasters you have ridden North, East, South, and West from where you live?

Niles

Giga Poster
I was thinking today what is the furthest coaster I have done from were I live and it was surprising, then I wondered what about the other cardinal point directions. There was an old thread on this but it was last commented on in 2017 so I guess I can do a new one?

I live in England and for me its:

N: Flamingo land : Kumali
E: Disneyland Paris-WDSP : Rock'n'roller coaster ( pretty close with space mountain )
S: Legoland Florida : Dragon
W: SF Magic mountain : Batman The Ride ( furthest coaster )

So what are yours?

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
I was thinking today what is the furthest coaster I have done from were I live and it was surprising, then I wondered what about the other cardinal point directions. There was an old thread on this but it was last commented on in 2017 so I guess I can do a new one?

I live in England and for me its:

N: Flamingo land : Kumali
E: SF Magic mountain : Batman The Ride ( furthest coaster )
S: Legoland Florida : Dragon
W: Disney land Paris Studios : Rock'n'roller coaster ( pretty close with space mountain )

So what are yours?
Are you confusing East and West, as I thought California was West of England and France (or at least, Paris) was East? Or am I just making mistakes with my coordinates?

In terms of my answers; I live in Gloucestershire, England, and after consulting my Captain Coaster coaster map (https://captaincoaster.com/en/map/users/395), my answers are as follows provided I have my directions and my interpretations of where coasters are within certain parks correct:
  • North: Crazy Coaster, South Pier Blackpool
  • South: Montu, Busch Gardens Tampa
  • East: Vampire, Chessington World of Adventures
  • West: SheiKra, Busch Gardens Tampa

Niles

Giga Poster
Are you confusing East and West, as I thought California was West of England and France (or at least, Paris) was East? Or am I just making mistakes with my coordinates?
Yea I changed it a little while back, realised I was not paying attention to what I was doing 😅

Will

Strata Poster
We've had this before, but these are always fun to work out :)

N: Vuoristorata - Linnanmaki, Finland
E Ghoster Coaster - Canada's Wonderland - Canada
W Jet Rescue - SeaWorld - Australia
S Scenic Railway - Luna Park - Australia

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
N - Speed Monster - Tusenfryd
E - Big Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Cars - Hong Kong Disneyland
W - (trying to figure if SanFran, Seattle or Vancouver were more west...) Kettle Creek Mine - PNE Playland seems to be most western.
S - Revenge of the Mummy - Universal Singapore

Projektion

Mega Poster
North: Helix, Liseberg
South: Flying Dinosaur, Universal Studios Japan
East: Flounder's Flying Fish Coaster, Tokyo DisneySea
West: Padrinos Voladores, Parque de Atracciones de Madrid

The south one caught me a little by surprise, I didn't realise Japan went as South as it did.

FarleyFlavors

Mega Poster
North - Speed Monster (Tusenfryd)
South - Scenic Railway (Luna Park)
East - Jet Rescue (Sea World)
West - Kettle Creek Mine (Playland)

cookie

Giga Poster
North - Insane, Gröna Lund
East - Escape From Madagascar, Dreamworld
West - Expedition Everest, Disney’s Animal Kingdom
South - Scooby Doo Spooky Coaster, Warner Bros. Movie World Australia

Howie

Donkey in a hat
North - Insane, Gröna Lund.
East - Hyperion, Energylandia.
West - Kong, Six Flags Discovery Kingdom.
South - Montu, Busch Gardens Tampa.

I was kinda hoping that all four would be really cool and exclusive creds.. but no, fairly basic stuff from me and sadly two of them are complete turds. 😕

E Ghoster Coaster - Canada's Wonderland - Canada

You sure about that, Will? Last time I checked Canada was West of us. Or did you just go the long way round? 🤔

Last edited:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
North: Speed Monster, Tusenfryd, Norway
South: Star Flyer, Star City, Philippines
East: Star Flyer, Star City, Philippines
West: Giant Dipper, Belmont Park, USA

North and West are relatively basic, but reasonably pleased with South/East.

Alessio

Roller Poster
North: Junker - PowerPark (Finland)
South: TurboTrack - Ferrari World Abu Dhabi (UAE)
East: Rocket Cycles - Adventureland Sharjah / Sahara Centre (UAE)
West: Maverick - Cedar Point (USA)

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
From the UK.

North- Falken at Farup Sommerland
South- The Dragon at Legoland Florida
West- Hades 360 at Mt. Olympus
East- Hyperion at Energylandia

Would have been a bit different had I done last year's cancelled trips.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
North: Mindbender, Galaxyland

South: Coastersaurus, LEGOLAND Florida

East: El Toro, Six Flags Great Adventure

West: Vortex, Calaway Park

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
North: None. I live north of all coasters I've ridden, and I believe north of any major coasters out there (PowerPark being located just a smidge south compared to Trondheim). There's an alpine coaster a couple hours' drive north of here, I might try to get that one day. Other than that, I would have to go to tiny parks in Sweden, Finland, or Russia.

South: Supersonic Odyssey, Berjaya Times Square, Malaysia.

East: Supersonic Odyssey, Berjaya Times Square, Malaysia.

West: Expedition Everest, Disney's Animal Kingdom, USA (I know Primeval Whirl is a bit further west, but we didn't bother with that one on our day of visit).

I also passed by Tasmanian Tiger at ZooTampa when I was there for a wedding, but the coaster was closed as the wedding was after the regular park hours. It would have nabbed the west record handily. Similarly, I've walked by Battlestar Galactica at Universal Studios Singapore, which is further south and east than Supersonic Odyssey, but we didn't visit the park as the coaster was SBNO back then (and because the tickets cost a fortune compared to the limited travel budget).

TilenB

Strata Poster
I don't think anything much has changed for me since the last time we've had one of these

North: Orkanens Øje, Tivoli Friheden (probably the only one of these that might change in foreseeable future, since Northern Europe is very much an utapped territory for me and a possible trip there keeps getting delayed for one reason or another)

South: Wild Mouse, Luna Park Sydney (Australia pushed two of these to the extreme, which I doubt is going to be reached anytime soon, especially considering the current climate)

East: either Storm Coaster or the SpongeBob kiddie cred at Sea World (Jet Rescue spited)

West: Hurricane, Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk (ages since I've been there and it'll take ages for me to beat this one as well)

Nick13

Mega Poster
From London:

North: Speed Monster, Tusenfryd
East: Wild Mouse, Luna Park Sydney
South: Abyssus, Adventure World
West: Raven, Holiday World

FistedColossus

Hyper Poster
From London...

North: Helix - Liseberg (Sweden)
South: Anaconda - Gold Reef City (South Africa)
East: Hyperion - Energylandia (Poland)
West: Maxx Force - Six Flags GAm (USA)