What's new

Weston super Mare to Get a Disney?

marc

CF Legend
Disney would build in the UK the reason why they did not last time was simply due to land, they land that wanted was perfect until people that like birds and the A13 link stopped it. They were the only reasons why it was not built in the uk.

A Disney park in the Uk would work as so many people in the UK go to Paris, if they built one in the UK it could well cause problems for DLP and that would be the reason why they would not build it now.

I still think if Disney were going to open a park in the UK though it would be nearer London.

I just wish there was info online as to why Disney UK did not happen I only have my memory to go by.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Weston-Super-Mare is horrible. I really hope Disney don't actually do this. Weston-Super-Mare doesn't deserve anything short of a carpet bombing.

Such a shame, I can image it was a nice place once...

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
tks said:
Does anyone else not think this is a bit of a wind-up..?

I think it's more a case of people reading a slightly "creative" topic title, not bothering to read the actual information in the first post, and then posting out of their arse.

Again.

Swat

Mega Poster
Hixee said:
Weston-Super-Mare is horrible. I really hope Disney don't actually do this. Weston-Super-Mare doesn't deserve anything short of a carpet bombing.

Such a shame, I can image it was a nice place once...

Says someone in Bristol :lol:

marc

CF Legend
Yes Erol it is marsh land and it now has my work building there the A13 and the Channel Tunnel high speed link. But at the time is was put down to wild life :). It was put down to wild life but was really due to the road and channel tunnel link only they could not say back then.

The amount of land there was huge and would have been perfect tbh.

And Gavin is correct, I was just posting regarding the fact that Disney in the UK would work and would probably have worked better than Paris but what ever.

Gazza

Giga Poster
Yeah, we've had stories like this too in the past, the Politicians who go after Disney requesting a park be built near them are clearly stupid, and nothing will ever come out of these stories:
http://www.cairns.com.au/article/2008/1 ... -news.html
Cairns Disneyland mooted

Julie Lightfoot

Saturday, December 6, 2008

© The Cairns Post

A FEDERAL politician wants Cairns to become the home of the first Australian Disneyland.

Queensland Senator Ian Macdonald has spoken with senior officials at Los Angeles’ famous theme park about an "OzDisneyland" in the state’s north.

"We’ve got great natural attractions in the reef and the rainforest but to keep tourists here longer we also need something else," Senator Macdonald said.

"I’ve spent a lot of time on the Gold Coast. They’ve done so well in tourism with surf, beaches and man-made attractions from Seaworld to Dreamworld and Movie World."

Senator Macdonald visited Los Angeles’ Disneyland earlier this year and says he spent one-and-a-half hours speaking with senior officials there about bringing a Disneyland down under.

He broached the idea of a local consortium in Cairns or Townsville partnering with Disneyland.

The visit was outlined in travel reports tabled in Parliament this week.

Disneyland was not as keen as he was, he said.

"They were saying they would doubt if there was any interest because we would need a huge local base to make it profitable," he told The Weekend Post during a visit to Cairns yesterday.

Senator Macdonald described his Disneyland trip as strictly business.

"At my age the attraction of Disneyland left me some time ago … what attracts me now is to do with anything to build up tourist attractions in Far North Queensland," he said.

His push comes after Cairns businessman Paul Freebody released his design plans for a $25 million water park he plans to build near Smithfield.

Tropical Tourism North Queensland chief executive Rob Giason said the region was "nature’s theme park".

Jake

Strata Poster
I can't see many, if any, more Disney's being built now, at least not for a while.

Places such as Brazil, India and Indonesia have the population for it, but they have a long way to go economically before a company like Disney would even bother.

Other places either don't have the population (Australia) or have a Disney park nearby (UK).

I would say Dubai, but the UAE economy is now just coming apart at the seams really.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Uncle Arly said:
Nemesis Inferno said:
Would be great for a UK Disney but Weston-Super-Mare? Nah...

YES. I want it near ME.

I've just been hearing about your work in Taunton. Imagine that - every single person in the village having an affair with the same duck.

Nic

Strata Poster
I can't see it having anything to do with Disney, but a park in Weston isn't actually that bad an idea. Yeah, there's Brean down the road, but... meh. Weston is actually a lot more built up than I imagined it to be (and certainly the most developed west country town I can think of off hand). I was pleasantly surprised when I spent a weekend down there last August. By "the old airfield" is that where the helicopter museum(or whatever the hell it is) is? I was camped jsut behind there, and it's a great location in terms of transport links etc. Also, there's been a lot of recent development round that area with retail parks and housing and stuff, so might mean that planning in the area isn't too bad.

Plus, it's only a couple of miles up the road from Thatchers Cider place, which is all good :)

Swat

Mega Poster
That's the place Vadge. All it is used for now is people walking their dogs. The land is massive the only issue would be the noise.

elmerfudd

Mega Poster
Ollie said:
As unlikely as this is I want it to happen. If it does though I definitely want it to have a Terror of Tower and Space Mountain similar to the one in Paris. :)

Why not just go paris!! Eurostar, get there in no time =D
THis is a silly idea and it will never happen.