What's new

Weirdest inversion names?

Matt N

CF Legend
I remember 270 double inverting corner stall had a fair few eyebrows raised when Untamed was being built…

I do quite like banana roll, as well.

And if the rumours about the name of Exodus’ overbank into an inversion are true, then I think gender roll must surely be up there.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
And if the rumours about the name of Exodus’ overbank into an inversion are true, then I think gender roll must surely be up there.

I really don't think that is the name of the element... I was always under the impression that it was just an enthusiast-made up name, and I don't see how anyone would know the names of any elements for it yet.

---

To be honest, I'm tiring of all the stupid inversion / element names that are coming about. RMC coasters are the worst for this. I think that ArieForce One has an element called "Fakey airtime" for goodness sake.

In saying that, I'm disappointed that Kondaa's "non inverting cobra roll" wasn't called a hognose roll, given the hognose's capability of looking a bit like a cobra

Gazza

Giga Poster
Bent Cuban Eight for me because I dont understand the origin of the name.

Also people calling it a Monosaurus Roll....Pls just call it a barrel roll.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
I know it's just a fan-made nickname (or at least I think it is 🤔), but Iron Gwazi has a Death Roll! That's your winner, right there.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Another one which grinds my gears, RMC of course, is "step up under flip".

What is an "under flip"? Can you do an over flip in this context?
You can over flip, as long as you stepped up, rather than step down, which makes it an under flip. Of course, if you down flip under the step up, that might up flip your down step up down flip step step flip up down step flip down.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
You can over flip, as long as you stepped up, rather than step down, which makes it an under flip. Of course, if you down flip under the step up, that might up flip your down step up down flip step step flip up down step flip down.
The words 'flip', 'step', 'up' and 'down' mean nothing to me now 😞

RMC Wildcat may as well have a double step down over flip under step.

Chiili dip-more of a restaurant happy hour special than an inversion

Lagoon roll-more food

Cobra loop

negative g stall loop

inverted airtime hill

corcked roll