What's new

Weird, Wacky & Strange Coaster Bits

Matt N

Strata Poster
This is a great video from davidjellis of something you will probably never see again; Outlaw at Adventureland with the train flying at full speed along the brake run and through the station:
My, that brake run looks to have some intense laterals…

oriolat2

Giga Poster
This footage is legendary. The ride op was having the time of his life, as were the coaster group right there.

I wonder if anything happened to the employee besides getting the sack (being sued by the park, having to pay for repairs, etc.)

Matt N

Strata Poster
This footage is legendary. The ride op was having the time of his life, as were the coaster group right there.

I wonder if anything happened to the employee besides getting the sack (being sued by the park, having to pay for repairs, etc.)
According to the description, they “added 5 years’ worth of wear & tear to the coaster in an hour”…

oriolat2

Giga Poster
According to the description, they “added 5 years’ worth of wear & tear to the coaster in an hour”…
Yeah, that I read. I was wondering about the ride op himself. I'd imagine that an employee putting the safety of the roller coaster and riders at risk running the ride improperly surely could lead to something more severe than getting fired.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Man that footage is legendary. Thanks for reminding me it exists! <3

I'd imagine that an employee putting the safety of the roller coaster and riders at risk running the ride improperly surely could lead to something more severe than getting fired.
Yeah, plus this is America. The idea of that operator being sued for all the maintenance costs for the next decade or so is totally believable.

One of the wheel bogies needs refurbishment? It was 'cos you ran the ride that day.
One of the restrain locking mechanisms needs replacing? It was 'cos you ran the ride that day.
The second to last corner needs retracking? It was 'cos you ran the ride that day.
The entrance sign needs a repaint? It was 'cos you ran the ride that day.

cookie

Hyper Poster
So RCDB put this up a few days ago:

The Rotary Jungle Mouse was extremely unique in that the entire roller coaster rotated on a turntable around a stationary lift hill, working like a inside-out spiral lift hill.

Anyone got more info/pictures of this? Because this sounds wild.