Votes: 15 16.9%
  • No, I am opposed to using illegal drugs

Votes: 34 38.2%
  • No, but I would be open to trying it

Votes: 18 20.2%

• Total voters

madhjsp

Giga Poster
I personally haven't, but am not against trying it at some point. I did try salvia this week though, which was the first time I've smoked anything other than tobacco. I had a pretty ridiculous trip so I'm not sure I'd want to try that again. I know weed's nothing like that though, so I'll most likely try it at some point.

What about you all?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
From my third year at uni and my fifth, I used to smoke it almost daily (I had a year off for a placement and as I was driving 70 miles each day, didn't smoke much during that time).

After finishing uni and getting a job, I used to smoke off and on for about three years. When I hooked up with Madame_Furie and Minor_Furie, I quit smoking it regularly (drugs and children don't mix). I'd still do it in social situations (which was most weekends to be honest), but never kept any in the house or went out of my way to smoke it.

As my social life dissolved (about the time I was getting into CF) it trailed off significantly. Now it's pretty much my birthday, Christmas and if I happen to be at a social event where it's happening.

My dad knows that I smoke/d and is fine. My mum would not be so understanding. Madame_furie's family all smoke at her parents place when they're there (though madame_furie her mum or dad don't smoke it). They're fine with it. For her family it's as common as drinking a beer which I find a bit weird actually :lol:

I'm not keen on skunk, which has become the common choice over the years. I find it's a very strong "waster", but you don't get as lovely and stoned and mellow as you do with resin or grass.

spicy

Giga Poster
madhjsp said:
I did try salvia this week though, which was the first time I've smoked anything other than tobacco. I had a pretty ridiculous trip so I'm not sure I'd want to try that again. I know weed's nothing like that though, so I'll most likely try it at some point.

Salvia is completely mental, I would never try that again it really did freak me out a bit. :lol:

Obviously Salvia is completely different to weed because you have no idea where you are or what you are doing, its not very nice at all.

As with weed I smoke it very occasionally and it doesn't take alot for me to get stoned as I don't smoke it very often. My favourite thing with weed is when everyone is just having laughing fits about nothing, thats awesome.

But yeah like everything in moderation its fine, as soon as you start relying on it and smoking it daily because you NEED to. Thats when it becomes a problem :)

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Never have, and probably never will. Just not my thing but I don't have problems with anyone who does it. One of my childhood friends started with weed and made his way to the big drugs, heroin, cocaine, etc. and he is in jail for who knows how long now, so I saw what it did to his family, even though I know that is an outlier situation, it still is a constant reminder of what could happen.

Then again, everytime I go to a concert, I am about the only person who is not lighting up, so I get a nice contact high there, some of that **** is horrible though.

Yah, I tried it for the first time when I was fifteen but got into it a lot more in the past year. My ex was really into it so I always got it from him and then when I brokeup I stopped a bit but now I smoke it fairly often but mostly just in a social setting, can't be bothered to smoke it when I'm home alone most of the time. I smoke it a lot when I'm with England because as Brad said he is a smoker so I mooch from him and we've been to Amsterdam and that.

Snoo

The Legend
Tried it when I was in HS.. about 8 years ago.. and haven't since. Being a runner, a long distance runner at that, any sort of smoke doesn't do my body good. Even though I've retired, I won't be starting anytime soon. Too much respect for my body/baby coming into this world.

^ Tbh smoking weed isn't really disrespectful to a child as long as you're not doing it in front of them or allowing the smell to come into the house. I know loads of good fathers who do it but don't let it interfere with their parenting and with their kids etc.

I do hate people who smoke in front of their kids though, tobacco or otherwise. It's gross.

Snoo

The Legend
Using money on a **** waste of time that I could be using to support my daughter is massively disrespectful. She deserves better then that.. simple as.

Tony

Hyper Poster
Had it for the first time during the week, was okay nothing amazing or anything drink has a much better effect.

Using money on a waste of time that I could be using to support my daughter is massively disrespectful. She deserves better then that.. simple as.

Yah, I never said buying it was smart if you're in the poorhouse and need every cent to support your kid, but you are wrong to act like someone is automatically a bad dad if they decide to smoke it. If they have extra spending money that they choose to spend on that or smoke with friends, it doesn't mean they're a bad parent.

Jer

Strata Poster
Honestly, I smoke, but not often. Once or twice a month if I'm lucky, most of my friends who sold or smoked quit so i've been all alone lately. There is no way in hell im going out to find a dealer unless I know they are a good friend, Honestly I don't usually buy either, I just smoke with them.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Used to all the time for too many years to mention, but quit when the kid came along. Need to set a good example & all that.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Got to love Taylor's defensiveness :lol:

There's a reason me and Jerry stopped and that is respect for your family (particularly if you have kids). I don't have any respect for my body (I let everybody else respect that ;) ), so I have no qualms on that front :D

Okay, I still smoke when I get the chance, but when you're talking about spending money on doing something that is illegal (and with possible consequences involving jail and the job loss that can entail) just isn't sensible. So I avoid actually having any (or no more than "personal use" for a day or two). Even that stopped as I realised it's just not worth the risk.

So Snoo is pretty much right and there's no need to get defensive :p

marc

CF Legend
WHen I was at uni I started doing it. When I left uni I stopped doing it.

About 6 years ago a mate was smoking it so I tried it again and it was skunk. The next day I felt really strange not myself and done something really stupid. I will never ever touch the stuff again and I do not want it anywhere near me.

Each to there own but for me its a big no no due to the side effects.

Got to love Taylor's defensiveness

To be honest I'd rather someone not do it than do it if they're a parent. I just have a problem if someone automatically assumes that it makes you a bad dad if you smoke weed and that if you do it, you don't respect your kids.

Snoo

The Legend
Of course.. never did I say that you would become a bad parent by smoking weed. I would simply never let my parenting be subjected to the effects of a drug in ANY way because I love my daughter too much. As furie said, I'm actually right.. which is weird because that never happens.. lol

^ No you said you would never smoke it because you respect your daughter, which I said is great and I'd prefer if people with kids didn't smoke, but that was kind of implying that people who do smoke don't respect their kids, which I disagree with.

Snoo

The Legend
LiveForTheLaunch said:
^ No you said you would never smoke it because you respect your daughter, which I said is great and I'd prefer if people with kids didn't smoke, but that was kind of implying that people who do smoke don't respect their kids, which I disagree with.

That's where you made your first mistake.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Meh, it's only weed. I've had fun from it, but I've had fun from a lot of other stuff too.

I get more of a buzz biking/climbing than I've ever had smoking weed, so I don't see the point.

I cba to write more.