What's new

WDW Magic Kingdom | Tron Lightcycle Power Run | Vekoma Motorbike Coaster | 2023

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Got to ride it again tonight. The coaster was down from 2:30 till 7:30 (one of the reasons they do cast previews and test and adjust) apparently this had been the most lengthy downtime the rides had to date. Rumblings were it had something to do with the track switch at the station but who knows. Once the ride started to cycle though, it cleared the line in under an hour... so including the entire actual queue *and* the extended area down the ramp and past the entrance sign....it's less than an hour until you're on board! (well until Lightning Lane messes it up)...but it's clearly a capacity monster and the line never really stops moving and trains seem to be launching nonstop.

Last edited:

Dan?

Roller Poster
The more I look at it, the less Tron-like it feels. What an awful attempt at "theming", especially from Disney.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
The more I look at it, the less Tron-like it feels. What an awful attempt at "theming", especially from Disney.
Personally I think it fits quite well. It's not like the exterior of the big space themed coaster next door is themed to space at all. It's just what back then was considered a bit futuristic looking. Same here really. It's what's inside that makes it really Tron like.

The exterior is just like the rest of tomorrow land. Generic slightly futuristic looking structures that don't really tie into any IP or theme other than the future.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Apparently, this thing opened about two months ago, so I guess we'll unstick the thread.

It really adds to my impression that among theme park fan sites, Disney parks either receive way too much coverage (here's looking at ThemeParkTourist et al.) or close to none at all.

AidanCKY

Mega Poster
I think with Tron there was such a huge long buildup to it because of COVID etc. And now it's open people don't have much to say about it.

I'm looking forward to riding it next month but from what I gather Guardians is far better

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I think with Tron there was such a huge long buildup to it because of COVID etc. And now it's open people don't have much to say about it.

I'm looking forward to riding it next month but from what I gather Guardians is far better
Yep, a combination of not giving a s**t after such a long time and the ride itself apparently being disappointing. I really enjoyed it in Shanghai, and I'm sure it would've got a better reception in Orlando if it had opened within a reasonable timeframe and not after Guardians, which everyone seems to be raving about. What should've been a major ride has somehow become a filler attraction.