What's new

Warsaw, Poland | Adventure World | Theme Park + Resort

Nic

Strata Poster
Plans have been unveiled for Poland's first Theme Park, Adventure World Warsaw, due to open in 2014. The park is situated approximately 30 minutes from the city centre. It is expected to create approximately 1000 jobs, and attract 2 million visitors a year.

The heavily themed resort will include a hotel, water park and restaurants. The designers are aiming for the park to draw comparisons with Alton Towers, Efteling and Europa Park. Whilst there have been no announcements yet as to what rides to expect in the park (although the video on their website might give a few clues!), Vekoma are involved in the development.

http://adventureworldwarsaw.com/index.php?lang=en - video and concept art

http://adventureworldwarsaw.com/pressEN.pdf - press release...

Their press release said:
The largest theme park in CEECs to be developed in Grodzisk
Mazowiecki
After long wait Poland will finally have a theme park offering a standard comparable to
Alton Towers, Efteling or Europa Park. Adventure World Warsaw will be opened in spring
2014. This magic spot is going to be developed within mere 30-minute travelling distance
from Warsaw, in Grodzisk Mazowiecki. The investment will cover the area of approximately
240 h. It will consist of the theme park, two hotels, an aquapark and the entertainment
area with cinemas and restaurants.
Poland will be able to boast the largest year-round fun park in this part of Europe. Adventure
World Warsaw is the first investment of its kind, combining the theme park with over 25
surprising attractions, 2 hotels offering jointly 800 rooms, Poland’s largest aquapark, as well
as an entertainment area with cinemas, restaurants, shops and clubs. The fun park itself will
comprise five theme islands, with the following working names at the design stage: the
Adventure Harbour, the Creature Lagoon, the Castle Island, the Land of Legends and the
“Polski” Plaza. All kinds of attractions will be available on each island, including super
coasters, water slides, wave pools, interactive fountains, boat cruises or carousels. The yearround
part of the park will include indoor playgrounds for children, interactive shows and
animations and a huge aquapark. All in an amazing scenery of fairy tales and legends.
The funding required to develop the Adventure World Warsaw will be provided by an
international consortium of private and institutional investors having a registered seat in
Luxembourg. Las Palm sp. z o.o. (an LLC) was established to coordinate the process of the
Adventure World Warsaw theme park construction and management. The value of
investments in the first phase of the project will amount to approximately EUR 400 mio.
The construction of the park will commence in spring 2012 - says Peter Jan Mulder, the
President of the Board in Las Palm sp. z o.o. – We expect approximately 2 million visitors
annually in the first phase of the Adventure World Warsaw project.
Owing to Adventure World Warsaw, approximately 1000 new jobs will be created in the
Grodzisk Mazowiecki area. The Park is the first stage of the planned investment. Among
other things, the second phase will provide for the construction of another theme park, an
extensive entertainment village, conference and business centre and a luxurious wellness
centre.
Over 100 experts from all over the world are involved in the development of the Adventure
World Warsaw. The Adventure World Warsaw team comprises such companies as e.g.: AGS
Architects, Jora Vision, Vekoma Rides Manufacturing, Hafema and International Destination
Strategies having many years of experience in the field of theme fun parks.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Re: Adventure World Warsaw

Right lets start the ball rolling :p

Vekoma involvement and this picture from the site could possibly suggest a family boomerang model.

bgInformation.png

Lets hope it proves more fruitful than the Park Fantasia project that never got off the ground
http://www.park-fantasia.pl/corp/en/index.php

tomahawk

Strata Poster
RE: Adventure World Warsaw

Expecting 2 million visitors in the first phase? Come on now. And that video was creepy.

Sent from your mom's home

STC

Mega Poster

Every single ride in the video seems to be Vekoma, from a Vekoma rapids, to a Vekoma madhouse to a Vekoma mine train!

Also spot the fleeting appearance of Drayton's Ben 10 with it's colours photoshopped blue! :lol:

Nic

Strata Poster

^I wondered what that ride was! Makes total sense now! You can even see hints of green if you look carefully.

jokerman

Giga Poster

God, that music was annoying. I get the feeling this will one of those weird European parks, where because you don't know what's going on everything is a bit creepy.

Ethan

Strata Poster

Agreed :/

I'm not sure... it seems extremely similar to Rainbow Magicland but slightly more tacky! And I doubt there will be a decent coaster anyway.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

But in a country that has 2 coasters, a Schwarzkopf Jet Star and the old Twin Looper from American Adventure (now Tic-Tac Tornado) they can build almost any Vekoma rides and be the biggest park in the country. An SLC would be the countries biggest coaster by some way.

nadroJ

CF Legend

Hahahaha, the video! Adveeeenture world, adveeeeeenture world! <3 Awesome.

Looks pretty interesting though, can't say it appears terribly original in the ideas for the theming of the lands/type of attractions they want to build, but whatever, a new park is a new park =]

In one way I love that fact that we're not getting tatty old crappy parks anymore and every new park announced looks awesomely themed etc, but in another way I am going to miss the crapness that comes with parks built with little money to begin with.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Some sexy new artwork on their Facebook page, which I've "borrowed" for a news article.

http://www.coasterforce.com/news/park-n ... aw-artwork

The images show a Vekoma Junior Boomerang and another coaster. Other rides include a drop tower, a splash battle, a water ride, and several flat rides.

nadroJ

CF Legend

I do hope this actually happens, still seems a bit of an odd place to put a park like this. When I went to Poland last year it just seemed to be a very poor place, makes me think if the families of the country will have the spare cash to spend at a resort like this.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

^I'd imagine that entrance prices would have to suit the location though. Sure, it will be an expensive set up, but due to the location I'd guess (without looking into this at all) that it would be cheap to operate due to lower staff wages etc.

I'm kind of thinking of Bangkok Dreamworld a bit; it's outside a "poor" city, but it gets plenty of custom, which from what I could see was 95% local. There are people with money, or at least enough money to splash out on some kind of local luxury/entertainment, in any major city, however "poor" that city might be compared to what we're used to here.

Ben

CF Legend

Same with places like World Joyland. New park, in a massive poor dump... It seems to be doing well.

This better be better than World Joyland though, which is a HOLE.

Nic

Strata Poster

Not really news as such, but someone might find it vaguely interesting. Increased investment has been set aside to implement Green solutions in the planned Theme Park.

Imtech will also be supplying a large share of the 'green' technical solutions for this project. Special attention will be given to making the park as energy-efficient as possible. Other green solutions include the generation of energy on the basis of biogas supplied by a waste water treatment plant located nearby. Additional energy will be generated by newly-constructed solar panels, which are used to convert the sunlight directly into electricity (photovoltaic energy). In addition, there will be a strong focus on saving water - for instance by using waste water ('grey water') to flush the park toilets.

Article: http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/11/ ... UG20111116

TP Rich

Hyper Poster

It certainly looks a very interesting theme park in terms of theming, but the rides don't really look special enough, considering it's indefinately going to be Poland's only theme park. Chances are, most Warsaw residents have never been to a theme park, and making the park itself spectacular, something really special, would be a great start, and a brilliant way to indroduce Poland to theme parks.

Maybe the second theme park will have more in the way of rides. After all, some excellent theme parks have no rides at all, Futuroscope, Holy Land, etc. This is one project I'll definately be following.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team

^In fairness, the fact that it's Poland's only theme park means that they don't need to make a massive effort in terms of the rides. They've got no competition, so there's no need to throw money away on more expensive rides when a few "basics" will more than do the job.

The only reason they'd need to make it "really special" would be if they needed to compete with an existing park, which they don't.

Martyn B

CF Legend

There was a ceremony for this recently, they've put some pictures up on their Facebook page:

599841_444380675601968_852775704_n.jpg

376704_444381032268599_1519336159_n.jpg

554893_444381122268590_407952168_n.jpg

283713_444381195601916_766709783_n.jpg

422329_444381315601904_1941411395_n.jpg