What's new

Warner Bros Movie World | Various New Vekomas & relocated Intamin | 2024

Matt N

CF Legend
Ah, sorry… I wasn’t sure whether Tweestryd was the stock model or not, as RCDB lists it as a Custom Family Boomerang.

The dueling aspect should certainly spice this ride up a little, and make it stand out compared to, say, the similar family shuttle at Luna Park!

Lori Marie Loud

Giga Poster
THREE Vekomas? That I wasn't expecting. I wonder if they'll keep the Batman theme going or if they'll go for a new one altogether.

Rupert

Mega Poster
The first thing that strikes me with this move is that it’s an excellent boost for capacity - two boomerangs instead of one (and more fun given the duelling aspect), with an extra coaster on top that will probably run two trains as well.

Surely it will be the STC instead of an SFC? The boomerangs fill the family coaster space, and there’s a thrill coaster space to fill given they’ve just got rid of an SLC - the STC would make perfect sense. Also hoping Vekoma entwine them all - the existing example shows how well it works to have a family and a thrill coaster occupying the same space, much better than groups having to split up throughout the day.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Ah, sorry… I wasn’t sure whether Tweestryd was the stock model or not, as RCDB lists it as a Custom Family Boomerang.
RCDB tend to list any model as custom if it has only been constructed once, regardless of whether it's a stock model or not. There are a few exceptions here and there, but generally-speaking this is the case.

Magic-Man

Mega Poster
Definitely great additions to the park if the rumors are true. If it's an STC along with the boomerangs, that's probably the best thing the park could have gotten.

Will

Strata Poster
I'm surprised I haven't found this topic already, if only to say the only thing that wouldn't be better than Arkham Asylum is a Volare.

Or maybe a clone of Coaster Express.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
@Coaster Chall YouTube @oriolat2 so the both of you placed good bets as it turns out, further word from my source is that they indeed had a Raptor on their shortlist a couple of years ago. It was mentioned at this meeting that if selected they would aim for a 150 ft height, which is a wide margin over our current selection. Obviously, this has not been the plan for a long time now, but if what I’ve heard is true then they considered it.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Use the insert media option.

Excited to see what they replace this with. Just about anything will be better. I appreciated the theming that the ride had, but it rode so poorly that the park is already improved simply by its removal.
Doesn't work for me for some reason.