What's new

Wardley releases a book!

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
I was about to order it, but then realised I've got more interesting things to read, like the phone book.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Indeed, had to double check to see if it was a new release because it looks like something from the 90's

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Please can I borrow it from one of you goons when you've bought it and finished reading it?

I don't like paying for books.

I can't imagine it being that detailed at only 158 pages long, with presumably at least 10 of them taken up for images.

AJ

Giga Poster
Can someone digitally download it for the iPad so I can steal it and shove it on mine at a later date? Thanks <3

nadroJ

CF Legend
I've just looked at it, it doesn't look real? The title sounds like it was written by a GCSE student in the middle set, it's really....messy?

Rachel

Coaster MILF
nadroJ said:
I've just looked at it, it doesn't look real? The title sounds like it was written by a GCSE student in the middle set, it's really....messy?

Ha I agree, it definitely doesn't look official.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
We'll know for sure when Raybould gets his copy or his bank account is cleared out by Prince Penisenlargement of Nigeria.

iblamefish

Roller Poster
You thought the cover looked bad on the photo? Wait until it arrives! It's all pixellated

photo.JPG

The book was clearly made with some kind of Amazon build your own book to sell thingy, but I guess that for such a niche book it's the only way to do it really.

Most of the book is about his life pre Tussauds, but hopefully an interesting read.

Gazza

Giga Poster
Hasn't he retold his life story on his website in the past?

Get the feeling he'd know enthusiasts are sitting ducks to buy this sort of thing, so why wouldn't he?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
£10?

£10?! for a 158 page book? And with such a shocking quality cover image?

Dirty, evil, robbing bastard.

iblamefish

Roller Poster
gavin said:
£10?

£10?! for a 158 page book? And with such a shocking quality cover image?

Dirty, evil, robbing bastard.

I started reading it this evening, it's actually pretty good.

I work at a design agency so can totally see why the image is pixelated, it was probably made by someone who didn't realise that print needs 300dpi images - it would have looked fine on a screen at 72dpi. He wouldn't have known until he saw it for the first time.

Verdict: I don't feel robbed. In fact I'm glad a spent the money on it.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Someone who worked in a creative field, like Wardley, should understand that print needs to be 300dpi.

I kind of want it, but I doubt it contains any info we don't already know. He's always been good about sharing his experiences. He's one if the few outside Disney who have. His words are valuable and interesting.

But £10? Eeeuuugh.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2